Opinion on Immortality - What Do You Think?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Artemis3013
  • Start date
In summary, the concept of immortality is a philosophical and ethical question that is beyond the scope of scientific research. While advancements in medicine and technology have extended human life expectancy, there is currently no scientific evidence or technology that can grant immortality. The possibility of achieving immortality is still a subject of debate and speculation, with some arguing it may be possible through future advancements while others believe death is a natural part of life. If immortality were to become a reality, it could have significant consequences on society and raise ethical concerns about quality of life and the right to die. In the scientific community, the concept of immortality is not widely accepted as it falls outside the realm of scientific research.
Artemis3013
Hello everyone. Lately I have been pondering about the concept of immortality. From a few resources, I have heard that it may be possible around 2047. Also, to clear up any misunderstandings, I mean immortality as in by disease and aging. Not in terms of trauma. I have also seen some ways that people think it may be possible such as by brain "emulation". They are usually preposterous although I was wondering about what the people here think.
Regards, Artemis.

Biology news on Phys.org
Sorry, it's nonsense.

1. What is your opinion on immortality?

As a scientist, I do not have a personal opinion on immortality. It is a philosophical and ethical question that is beyond the scope of scientific research.

2. Can science make us immortal?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence or technology that can grant immortality. While advancements in medicine and technology have extended human life expectancy, the concept of immortality is still a subject of debate and speculation.

3. Is it possible for humans to achieve immortality?

As mentioned before, the concept of immortality is still a matter of philosophical and ethical debate. While some believe it may be possible through future advancements in technology and medicine, others argue that death is a natural part of life and cannot be avoided.

4. What are the potential consequences of immortality?

If immortality were to become a reality, it could have significant implications on society, including overpopulation, resource depletion, and social inequality. It could also raise ethical concerns about the quality of life and the right to die.

5. How does the scientific community view the concept of immortality?

The concept of immortality is not widely accepted in the scientific community as it falls outside the realm of scientific research and evidence. While some scientists may have personal opinions on the matter, it is not a widely discussed topic in the scientific community.