Considering to become a Rocket Scientist- Help

In summary, the conversation discusses the individual's interest in becoming a rocket scientist and their questions about where to work, live, and salary expectations. A link is shared with a thread discussing similar questions and the advice is given to not make long-term plans at such a young age. The speaker also mentions the challenges of finding a job in a specialized field like astronomy.
T.O.E Dream
Although I'm sure i might change my mind, i want to become a rocket scientist. Though i have a few questions:

1.Where would be a preferable place to work
2.where would be a good place to live- nice house, good schools, and low crime rate
3.what will my salary look like

If you know any answer to these questions or would like to add a comment, please do so.
Thanks for your time!

Physics news on Phys.org
1. A place that has aerospace jobs
2. Downtown Detroit
3. Hopefully like money

TOE, I suggest you read this thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=214959

It was started by someone about the same age as you, with about the same questions. People got sick of answering his questions very quickly, as he never seemed to understand their answers. You've said you're in 7th grade. You've got 15+ years before you're in a position to be thinking about places you want to settle down, companies to work for, and salaries to expect. It's fun to dream, but there's no point in trying to make plans for the future this far ahead. Who knows what companies will still be running, how the economy will look, where the good places to live will be. In this day and age, many of us take the jobs we can get, no matter where we end up living. Jobs as an astronomer tend to be few and far between - we can't just pick a city and say we're going to move there and get a job. This is a very specialized profession.

Yeah thanks, i just don`t hope i sound that annoying :) (the guy into astrophysics)

1. What qualifications do I need to become a rocket scientist?

To become a rocket scientist, you typically need a Bachelor's degree in a related field such as aerospace engineering, physics, or mechanical engineering. A Master's or PhD may also be required for more advanced roles.

2. What skills are important for a career in rocket science?

Some important skills for a career in rocket science include strong mathematical and analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team.

3. What is the job outlook for rocket scientists?

The job outlook for rocket scientists is positive, with a projected growth rate of 9% from 2016-2026. This growth is due to increasing demand for rockets and satellites for communication, navigation, and space exploration.

4. What are some potential career paths for a rocket scientist?

Rocket scientists can work in a variety of industries, including aerospace and defense, government agencies, and private space companies. Some potential career paths include rocket design and development, propulsion systems engineering, and space mission planning.

5. What advice do you have for someone considering a career in rocket science?

My advice would be to gain a strong foundation in math and science, pursue internships or research opportunities in the field, and network with professionals in the industry. It's also important to stay updated on advancements in technology and space exploration. A career in rocket science requires dedication and perseverance, but it can be an incredibly rewarding and exciting field to work in.