Calculate Velocity and Height: Acceleration and Deceleration Examples

• Thread starter russel0123
  • Start date
In summary, Gino, an experienced driver, was asked to test-drive the new Ferrari F40 sports car, which has the world's fastest acceleration of 6.74 m/s². After starting at rest, Gino suddenly pressed his right foot on the accelerator and after 4 seconds, the velocity of his car is questioned in km/h.Starting at rest, a rocket moves vertically upward with an acceleration of 30 m/s². After 4 seconds, it runs out of fuel and continues to move upward under the influence of gravity. The question asks how high the rocket can rise.You are driving your car at a constant velocity of 50 km/h when you spot an intersection 250m away. In order to come
russel0123
1.Gino, an experienced driver, was asked to test-drive the new Ferrari F40 sports
car. This car has a distinction of having the world’s fastest acceleration, which
was measured at 6.74 m/s². Starting at rest, the suddenly pressed his right foot
on the accelerator. After 4 seconds, what is the velocity of Gino’s car in km/h?

2.Starting at rest, a rocket moves vertically upward with an acceleration of 30 m/
s². After 4 seconds, it runs out of fuel and continues to moves upward under the
influence of gravity. How high can the rocket rise?

3.You are driving your car at a constant velocity of 50 km/h when you spot an
intersection 250m away prompting you to step on the brakes. How fast should
your car constantly decelerate in km/h so as to come to full stop just before the
intersection?

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
You didn't follow the format.
The purpose of which is to show us that you attempted to solve these and let us know how much you know about the topic.

We are not going to just solve them for you.

1. What type of help do you need?

I am a scientist, so I am well-versed in various fields of study. Please specify the type of help you require in order for me to assist you better.

2. Is this a one-time request or an ongoing project?

If this is an ongoing project, I will need more information to understand the scope and nature of the help you require. If it is a one-time request, please provide as much detail as possible so I can provide efficient assistance.

3. What is your deadline for this help?

Knowing your deadline will help me determine the urgency of your request and prioritize accordingly. Please provide a specific date or time frame for when you need the help.

4. Can you provide any background information on the problem?

In order for me to effectively help you, it would be beneficial to have some context and background information on the problem you are facing. This will also help me understand the best approach to take in assisting you.

5. Are there any specific resources or materials that you need help with?

If there are any specific resources or materials that you need help with, please let me know so I can gather them before providing assistance. This will ensure that I am able to provide the most accurate and thorough help possible.