20 Years From Now. Science and Technology.

In summary, 20 years from now, virtual reality will be as widespread as the internet, robots will be your friends, and we will have landed a human on Mars. Genetic engineering of humans will have begun, but still be in the beginning stages. China will close in on their superpower status, and India will catch up in science and economy. Flying cars will not be a reality, and cashless transactions will not be possible. The politicians will still be blowing smoke about the same problems as today, and the biotech bubble will still be within a few patents, permits, and acts of legislation from exploding. California will have pumped the Great Lakes dry, and be in the planning stages of diverting the Amazon River north
From a technology point of view I think our houses will truly be computerised. With the advent of WiFi and its rapidly increasing uptake by manufacturers of technology the house 20 years from now will have most devices connected up and able to communicate with each other.

I'm not sure robots will be in every house, at least not bipedal robots that do your housework. Simple robots with dedicated tasks such as vacuming the floor will be much more common, and I bet that robot pets and toys will be found in almost every house. Your TV may very well be paper thin and pasted onto your wall. Entertainment will be something that can be viewed and listened to in almost every room of the house. The internet will be used by everyone, yet will be very controlled by governments, thus less freedom, less information, yet also less spam. :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Clothing-wise, I think the future will be like the old b&w movies. We all will be walking around in skintight silvery one-piece outfits with strange looking helmets and hats. Our computers will be bulky and will take up one room and will have large flashing buttons and big radarish devices. Everyone will be able to go to space in their own personal rocket (that stands around 6 feet tall).