1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs 2nd BS Degree Advice_Business to Environmental Engineering

1. Apr 7, 2017 #1
    I have decided I really really really want to go back to school to expand my education into environmental engineering. I currently have a BS in Business Admin from UC Berkeley. I have researched several masters programs, and it is looking like it will be very difficult for me to even get into a program w/o any hard science/math background.

I would like your opinion/advice, on whether it is a good idea for me to go back for a BS in environmental engineering. One (really the only) concern is financing another BS, since I won't qualify for federal financial aid. I currently have a very low paying part-time job. Fortunately I do not have too much student loan debt since I transferred into UC Berkeley (in-state student) from a community college.

*Just some background: Before majoring in business I was going to study chemistry (I loved science and math in HS/Freshman year college), but after being told the lab was a very lonely place, I switched. I recently started a company which required me to relearn some basic chemistry, and I realized how much I loved science and dislike business. After the company failed (unfortunately shortly after it started), I audited several different science classes and spoke to many professors/professionals. This is when I discovered how much interest I had in environmental engineering. After researching more into it, I know this is really what I want to do; just trying to figure out how now.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted