Did You Know the Number Pi is Found in Pie?

• Thread starter BryceMaclaren
  • Start date
In summary, the author thinks that cheesecake is the worst name for the best cake. They were adventurous when they had it for the first time and thought it was going to be a strange mix of cheddar, sponge, icing and cream. They are now like a trained seal and perk up for cheesecake.
BryceMaclaren
Has anyone ever realized this?

[PLAIN]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpj6vvZeS31qzfxk8o1_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

YES!

2010-05-16%2011.05.00.jpg

Once you see it, you'll sh*t bricks!

It all makes so much sense now...I must inform the world of this.

It can't be just a conincidence!

G01 said:
It can't be just a conincidence!

Yet Pie < Cake.

I tried to get that as a vanity plate... taken for DECADES. It's very cool however.

hahaha brilliant

Drakkith said:
Yet Pie < Cake.

...sigh. We've had this out before, somewhere on this forum, and we came to the opposite conclusion. This graph says it all:

21e7wvr.jpg

You just can't do that with cake!

lisab said:
...sigh. We've had this out before, somewhere on this forum, and we came to the opposite conclusion. This graph says it all:

21e7wvr.jpg

You just can't do that with cake!

What, you can't cut a cake into segments?

I now have this image in my head of you sitting there with a whole cake in your hand, nibbling away.

jarednjames said:

I now have this image in my head of you sitting there with a whole cake in your hand, nibbling away.

HA! Oh god..., and I quote (horribly out of context) Lisab in another thread: "4.4 pounds isn't a lot of [marijuana]..."

It's all falling into place... the community spirit, the green woodsy avatar, the laid back demeanor, the love of whole cakes and custard pies?!

J'accuse!

nismaratwork said:
HA! Oh god..., and I quote (horribly out of context) Lisab in another thread: "4.4 pounds isn't a lot of [marijuana]..."

It's all falling into place... the community spirit, the green woodsy avatar, the laid back demeanor, the love of whole cakes and custard pies?!

J'accuse!

Somebodies been rumbled!

Oh my...apparently I've been incorrect my whole life...Pie was won out!

See here: http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/04/jezebel_dessert_bracket3_final2.jpg

Couldn't attach to the thread for some reason.

nismaratwork said:

J'accuse!

You got nothin' on me...it's all lies and conjecture :tongue2:!

jarednjames said:

:rofl:

What does 3.14 have to do with pie?

leroyjenkens said:

True, would have been better if they'd stopped at 3.1. Nice catch.

I think I'd have been a bit more amazed if they'd got the pi symbol out of it.

Thats the joke!

BryceMaclaren said:
Has anyone ever realized this?

[PLAIN]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpj6vvZeS31qzfxk8o1_400.jpg[/QUOTE]

Nice.

lisab said:
You got nothin' on me...it's all lies and conjecture :tongue2:!

Sorry, all I could hear was the sound of a water-pipe and you coughing and giggling... one more time? :wink:

Drakkith said:
Oh my...apparently I've been incorrect my whole life...Pie was won out!

See here: http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/04/jezebel_dessert_bracket3_final2.jpg

Couldn't attach to the thread for some reason.

Cheesecake. The worst name for the best cake. I recall the first time I was offered cheesecake and thinking it was going to be a strange mix of cheddar, sponge, icing and cream. I ventured to have some anyway; I was always an adventurous child when it came to food!

I'm sorry, at this point in my life I'm like a trained seal; I hear, "cheesecake" and I perk up and look around for treats.

leroyjenkens said:

Is this a level, or are you actually that much of a buzzkill?

xxChrisxx said:
Is this a level, or are you actually that much of a buzzkill?

*cough* buzzkill *cough*

1. What is the significance of finding the number Pi in pie?

The discovery that the number Pi appears in the calculation of the circumference of a circle is significant because it shows the connection between mathematics and the physical world. It also demonstrates the universality and consistency of mathematical principles.

2. How is the number Pi related to the shape of a pie?

The number Pi is related to the shape of a pie because both involve circles. In geometry, Pi is defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, while a pie is a circular dessert that is commonly made in a round baking dish.

3. Is Pi the only mathematical constant found in everyday objects?

No, Pi is not the only mathematical constant found in everyday objects. Other mathematical constants such as the golden ratio can also be found in nature and man-made objects.

4. How many digits of Pi are currently known?

The current world record for memorizing and reciting the digits of Pi is held by Rajveer Meena, who recited 70,000 digits in 2015. However, there is no limit to the number of digits of Pi and it has been calculated to over 31 trillion digits.

5. How has the discovery of Pi influenced mathematics and science?

The discovery of Pi has had a significant impact on mathematics and science. It has been used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and statistics to solve complex problems and make accurate calculations. It has also led to the development of new mathematical concepts and theories.