1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3/e Knight vs 13/e Young

1. Jun 18, 2012 #1
    [Sorry for posting this here, apparently posting this here and notifying the mentors is the expected way to do this as I can't post directly in the Learning Materials area]

Curious if anyone has reviewed the latest Knight book "Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach with Modern Physics" 3rd edition and compared it to the latest other 'standard' books like "University Physics" 13th edition (Young)?

I really like the updated Knight book from the sample chapter but haven't seen the whole book enough to compare it to University Physics (or Fundamentals of Physics for that matter).

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2012 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Moderator's Note: The appropriate place for your query is Science Book Discussion, not Learning Materials.

4. Jun 19, 2012 #3
    <bump>

Adding a bit....I know there are a ton of book questions.

The Knight and Young versions are new for this year. The Young book is probably a lot like that last version 12/e but the Knight book seems to be quite updated compared to the last version.

If anyone has seen/used either of the new books, your thoughts on them would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook