Calculating AC Current with a 1.5e-6 F Capacitor: 1kHz vs 8kHz Frequencies

• Engineering
  • Thread starter carrollitis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuits
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a 1.5e-6 F capacitor connected to an AC generator with Em=30 V. The question asks for the amplitude of the resulting alternating current at different frequencies, 1kHz and 8kHz. The conversation also includes a request for help in solving the problem, a clarification on where to post homework questions, and a question about the AC resistance of a capacitor and how frequency affects it. A hint is given in the form of the equation \frac{1} {2 \pi f c}.
carrollitis
A 1.5e-6 F capacitor is connected as in fig. 31-10 to an AC generator with Em=30 V. What is the amplitude of the resulting alternating current if the frequency of the emf is (a) 1kHz and (b) 8kHz?

I have no idea where to begin. I don't even know what they are asking for in this problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
Does [tex]\frac{1} {2 \pi f c}[/tex] help?

If you can show me how to do the entire problem that would be great.

PF guidelines are that you need to show your attempt at a solution.
Also you should have posted it in the homework section.

How do I do that?

carrollitis said:
How do I do that?

The homework section is located here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152
Post your homework questions in that section from now. Do not start another thread about this because I've already requested a move.

Tell us about the ac resistance of a capacitor and how frequency effects, if anything at all.

carrollitis said:
How do I do that?

NoTime said:
Does [tex]\frac{1} {2 \pi f c}[/tex] help?

Does this post from NoTime mean nothing at all to you?

It's a very big hint...

1. What is a simple circuit?

A simple circuit is a basic electrical circuit that consists of a power source, a load, and conductors that connect the two. It allows electricity to flow through and power the load.

2. What are the three components of a simple circuit?

The three components of a simple circuit are a power source (such as a battery or power supply), a load (such as a light bulb or motor), and conductors (such as wires) that connect the two.

3. How does a simple circuit work?

A simple circuit works by allowing electricity to flow from the power source through the conductors and into the load. The load uses the electrical energy to do work, such as producing light or movement.

4. What are some examples of simple circuits?

Some examples of simple circuits include a flashlight, a doorbell, and a simple motor. These circuits use a power source, conductors, and a load to function.

5. How can I build a simple circuit?

To build a simple circuit, you will need a power source, a load, and conductors. You can use a battery, a light bulb, and wires to create a basic circuit. Follow the instructions for your specific components to properly connect them and create a functioning circuit.