1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses 3-Upper Level Physics Courses in 1 Semester!

1. Nov 7, 2004 #1
    What do you guys think about taking 3 upper level courses in one semester? Electricity and Magnetism, Thermodynamics, and Classical Mechanics? Any advice?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2004 #2
    If you think you can handle the work load, then do it. I would always try hard subjects...and then become sleep deprived for the whole school year. :zzz:

4. Nov 9, 2004 #3
    Are those the only classes you'd be taking, or would there be other classes too? What's your schedule like, are you working, and if so, how much?

If you have a lot of time on your hands, then you could probably handle those classes. If not, then be very afraid. Those will all take some significant time to do well.

5. Nov 11, 2004 #4
    I'm in choir, and student government also.

6. Nov 12, 2004 #5
    only you know whether or not you can handle it. as you know, if you can give each class the time it deserves, it shouldn't be a problem. the only difference between that and a regular upper-level load is that when you get done studying physcis, you get to start studying physics again.

i thought i would have that problem with calc 2 and matrix theory and linear algebra at the same time this semester, but, they are different and so it is just nice to be able to study math twice as much

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?