How long to charge 4 parallel capacitors with 5V or 9V?

In summary, the conversation discusses the charging time of capacitors at 5 volts with 4 parallel capacitors, each with a capacity of 330v and 120uF. The question is whether it is better to charge them using a USB with 5 volts or a 9 volt battery and how long it would take. The answer depends on the resistance of both the wires and the battery/adapter, with a Pb battery taking only fractions of a second.
Evil Genius
I was wondering how long would it take to charge a capacitor at 5volts if there are 4 parallel. This is the details on the Capacitors. 330v 120uF each. So what is the best way to charge them by usb which gives me 5v or using a 9 volt battery and for how long.

Engineering news on Phys.org
please i really need help on this

please people i really need help on this matter it is for my coil gun

If there is no series resistance I would think it would just takes few seconds, or less.

It depends on the resistance, both of the wires and the battery/adapter. If you use a Pb battery, I think it takes just fractions of a second

What is the purpose of connecting capacitors in parallel?

Connecting capacitors in parallel increases the overall capacitance of the circuit. This means that the circuit can store more charge and have a higher potential difference.

How do you calculate the total capacitance of capacitors in parallel?

The total capacitance of capacitors in parallel is found by adding the individual capacitance values. This can be represented by the formula Ctotal = C1 + C2 + C3 + ..., where C is the capacitance value of each individual capacitor.

What happens to the voltage across each capacitor in a parallel circuit?

The voltage across each capacitor in a parallel circuit remains the same. This is because parallel circuits have multiple paths for the current to flow, so the voltage is shared between the capacitors.

How does the charge distribution differ in a parallel circuit compared to a series circuit?

In a parallel circuit, the charge is distributed across each capacitor equally. In a series circuit, the charge is the same for all capacitors, but the voltage across each capacitor may differ.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using capacitors in parallel?

The main advantage of using capacitors in parallel is that it increases the overall capacitance of the circuit. This can be useful in applications where a large amount of charge needs to be stored. However, the disadvantage is that it can be more complex and expensive to set up a parallel circuit compared to a series circuit.