Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

9/11 Educational Radio Show- I need expertise

1. Sep 10, 2007 #1
    Hey guys. I know conspiracy theories and the discussion of 9/11 in general is frowned upon on this forum, but I am looking for some experts in structural engineering, aeronautics, physics etc. for my 9/11 educational radio show tomorrow morning. I use a website called BlogTalkRadio to do my show which basically allows you to host your own radio show from over the phone. So if any experts out there relevant to 9/11 who will be available tomorrow please let me know if any of you can make it as guests for this show. Thanks a bunch.

Most of the focus will be on educating people about the details of 9/11 and some of it will be directed at debunking conspiracy claims. I had to add this to explain why I threw in conspiracy theories at the top.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did you see the shows on the History Channel yesterday? They did a really nice job of debunking a bunch of the most common conspiracy theories.

4. Sep 10, 2007 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

The show Moonbear is mentioning is a good view. I watched a fair amount of it. While I think they could have gone into much more depth on some things, I think they did well on most. It's unfortunate that they did not pick some of the more prevalent topics and allow for back and forth between the conspiracy theorists and the experts.

If you can get a copy of that show, by all means watch it.

5. Sep 10, 2007 #4

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This book does not tell you a lot about conspiracy theories, but gives you a lot of background for Afghanistan up to immediately before the 9/11 attacks: "Charlie's War" by Charlie Wilson (retired U.S. Congressional Representative); soon to become a Hollywood movie.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?