A book to work along side 'Basic Mathematics' by Serge Lang

In summary, "A book to work along side 'Basic Mathematics' by Serge Lang" is a supplementary book that aims to provide additional practice and exercises for students using Lang's textbook. It is suitable for all levels of mathematics proficiency and follows the same organization as the textbook. Solutions are included for all exercises and it can be used as a standalone resource or alongside the textbook for a more comprehensive understanding.
Luke101
Hey guys, the title basically says it all! I'm looking for a book to work along side Serge Lang's basic Math's book. Something which goes into topics more in depth. I'm out of scratch with my Math's :(

Hope someone can point me to a good text!

Luke

Physics news on Phys.org
Can somebody please help me with this? It would be much appreciated!

1. What is the purpose of the book "A book to work along side 'Basic Mathematics' by Serge Lang"?

The purpose of this book is to provide additional practice and exercises to supplement the material covered in Serge Lang's "Basic Mathematics" textbook. It is intended to help students deepen their understanding of the concepts and improve their problem-solving skills.

2. Is this book suitable for all levels of mathematics proficiency?

Yes, this book is designed to be used by students at all levels of mathematics proficiency. It covers a wide range of topics from basic arithmetic to more advanced algebra and geometry, making it useful for students at different stages of their mathematical journey.

3. How is this book organized?

This book follows the same organization as Serge Lang's "Basic Mathematics" textbook, with chapters and sections that correspond to the material covered in the textbook. It also includes additional review and practice sections at the end of each chapter.

4. Are there solutions provided for the exercises in this book?

Yes, this book includes solutions for all of the exercises and problems. These solutions can be found at the end of the book, allowing students to check their work and understand any mistakes they may have made.

5. Can this book be used as a standalone resource or does it require the use of the "Basic Mathematics" textbook?

While this book is intended to be used alongside Serge Lang's "Basic Mathematics" textbook, it can also be used as a standalone resource. The topics and exercises are self-contained and do not require prior knowledge from the textbook. However, for a more comprehensive understanding, it is recommended to use both resources together.