A boundary of age or age limit

In summary, there are no formal age limits for jobs such as international labs or academic careers in university, but biology can play a role in determining when it is more difficult to pursue these paths. As individuals reach their 30s and 40s, factors such as starting a family and caring for aging parents may limit their ability to pursue certain opportunities. However, these limits are not set by institutions and may vary for each individual.
woLfRam108
Is there any boundary of age for any jobs such as International labs, an academic carieer in university ?

The reason why i ask you is that I'm at 29 and I still major in MSc physics or physics enginnering.
To you, Is it a logical ? So,i have been lated to apply any job in U.S or Europe .

Thanks your help,
Sincerely.

Physics news on Phys.org
woLfRam108 said:
Is there any boundary of age for any jobs such as International labs, an academic carieer in university ?

There is but it's not a limit that's formally imposed by the institutions. It's biology.

Basically once you reach age 30-ish you have to decide whether or not you want to start a family, and if you do, then raising kids is going to limit the amount of stuff that you can do. If you are 20, it's much easier to break up with your significant other if you two have very different goals. If you are 30 to 40, then breaking up with someone is much more traumatic.

Also, there are other limits due to biology. At age 20, you can live off your parents and they can still take care of you. As you start becoming 30 and 40, your parents start turning 60 and 70, and increasingly they can't take care of you and you have to start taking care of them.

So yes, there are a lot of age related limits, but they aren't administrative.

Oh thanks for your answer and explanation. I don't think that i never do a marriage and so i live and work easily. if i study physics PhD , already i have to get a scholarship. My family don't take care of me after this my age :)

Related to A boundary of age or age limit

What is a boundary of age or age limit?

A boundary of age or age limit refers to the specific age or age range that is considered to be the minimum or maximum for a certain activity, event, or requirement. It is often used to establish legal or societal restrictions based on someone's age.

Why do age boundaries or limits exist?

Age boundaries or limits exist for a variety of reasons, including safety concerns, legal regulations, social norms, and developmental stages. They are intended to protect individuals and maintain order in society.

What factors are considered when setting an age boundary or limit?

When setting an age boundary or limit, several factors may be taken into account, such as physical and cognitive maturity, legal responsibilities, cultural norms, and the potential risks or benefits of a certain activity for individuals of different ages.

Can age boundaries or limits change over time?

Yes, age boundaries or limits can change over time as societal norms and values evolve, scientific research advances, and legal regulations are updated. For example, the legal drinking age in the United States has changed multiple times throughout history.

What are the potential consequences of not adhering to an age boundary or limit?

The consequences of not adhering to an age boundary or limit can vary depending on the specific situation. In some cases, it may result in legal penalties, while in others it may lead to social disapproval or even harm to oneself or others. It is important to respect age boundaries and limits to maintain a safe and orderly society.