A device which will let us see all

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Device
In summary, The conversation discusses the possibility of building a device that can see the entire spectrum of light and whether or not it is technologically feasible. The speaker believes that if such a device can be built, the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages. They also mention the idea of using separate devices that see different parts of the spectrum and linking them together. The conversation also touches on the idea of sacrificing resolution for bandwidth and the upper limit of frequency being equal to the total energy of the universe. The conversation ends with a clarification on the symbol for frequency being used.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
first thing, do you think such a device can be technologically feasible?
do you think we need it?

i think if we can build such a device why not?! i think the advantages of it are more than the disadvantages.

Computer science news on Phys.org
See all what?

Originally posted by neutroncount
See all what?
All the spectrum of the light.

You can't build a single device that sees the entire spectrum, but you can build a bunch of separate devices that see parts of it and link them together. Same effect.

At some point you would have to sacrifice resolution for bandwidth for the final "viewing"; or you would only be able to view sections of the spectrum at any time.

As an upper limit, I suggest the frequency √ = E/h; where E is the total energy of the universe.

We will need an infinitely long antenna for the low end.
:wink:

square root of what equals E/h?

Originally posted by loop quantum gravity
square root of what equals E/h?

I just thought the radic looks more like the nu that I know and love.
I meant frequency = E/h

1. What is "A device which will let us see all"?

"A device which will let us see all" is a theoretical technology that would allow us to see and observe everything in the universe, including invisible or hidden objects and events.

2. Is "A device which will let us see all" possible?

At this time, there is no evidence or technology that could make "A device which will let us see all" a reality. However, advancements in science and technology may make it possible in the future.

3. How would "A device which will let us see all" work?

The exact mechanism of how "A device which will let us see all" would work is unknown, as it is purely a hypothetical concept. It would likely involve advanced imaging technology and techniques to capture and process data from all sources in the universe.

4. What would be the implications of having "A device which will let us see all"?

If "A device which will let us see all" were possible, it would revolutionize our understanding of the universe and could potentially lead to new scientific discoveries and advancements. It could also have ethical implications, as it could potentially violate privacy and reveal sensitive information.

5. Can "A device which will let us see all" be used for practical purposes?

While "A device which will let us see all" is a fascinating concept, it is currently not feasible and has no practical applications. However, it could have practical uses in the future if it becomes a reality.