Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A notebook for university

1. Mar 29, 2004 #1
    Basically what I'm looking for is a PC with minuscule footprint and a touch screen. I might go for a tablet PC but the reviews on them are not very decisive. Any suggestions are welcome...
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2004 #2
    You'll end up getting a tablet if you want touch screen.

You'll have to be more specific.
  4. Mar 29, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus

5. Mar 30, 2004 #4
    Don't base too much off of CNet. They are horribly biased.

When I go shopping for notebooks, I always look at: PCWorld Top 10
  6. Mar 30, 2004 #5
    Who isn't biased? CNet is a fine resource, provided you take it with a grain of salt. Your best bet is to decide what hardware you want, find a few devices that meet your requirements, and then search for at least 3 reviews of each one by SEPARATE sources.

As far as deciding between what platform to use, I recommend deciding on exactly what you want to be able to use it for. Examples:
    Note taking
    Internet browsing
    Games (simple)
    Games (3-D)
    Graphic Design

Tell us what you want to do with it and we'll recommend what "it" should be ;)
  7. Mar 30, 2004 #6
    Some sites are more/less biased than others. CNet has a reputation for being biased.

MacAddict has a heavy reputation for being biased towards Mac products. If you want a review on the latest Apple Computer - look elsewhere.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?