1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A notebook for university

1. Mar 29, 2004 #1
    Basically what I'm looking for is a PC with minuscule footprint and a touch screen. I might go for a tablet PC but the reviews on them are not very decisive. Any suggestions are welcome...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2004 #2
    You'll end up getting a tablet if you want touch screen.

You'll have to be more specific.

4. Mar 29, 2004 #3

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

5. Mar 30, 2004 #4
    Don't base too much off of CNet. They are horribly biased.

When I go shopping for notebooks, I always look at: PCWorld Top 10

6. Mar 30, 2004 #5
    Who isn't biased? CNet is a fine resource, provided you take it with a grain of salt. Your best bet is to decide what hardware you want, find a few devices that meet your requirements, and then search for at least 3 reviews of each one by SEPARATE sources.

As far as deciding between what platform to use, I recommend deciding on exactly what you want to be able to use it for. Examples:
    Note taking
    Internet browsing
    Games (simple)
    Games (3-D)
    Graphic Design
    Programming
    Scheduling
    etc.

Tell us what you want to do with it and we'll recommend what "it" should be ;)

7. Mar 30, 2004 #6
    Some sites are more/less biased than others. CNet has a reputation for being biased.

MacAddict has a heavy reputation for being biased towards Mac products. If you want a review on the latest Apple Computer - look elsewhere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?