Which tech review site has a reputation for being unbiased?

• Thread starter Chen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's search for a PC with a small size and touch screen capability. They mention considering a tablet PC but express uncertainty due to mixed reviews. A suggestion to go with a traditional laptop is made, along with recommendations for review sources. The conversation ends with a recommendation to decide on specific needs before choosing a platform. There is also discussion about the reliability and bias of different review sources.
Chen
Basically what I'm looking for is a PC with minuscule footprint and a touch screen. I might go for a tablet PC but the reviews on them are not very decisive. Any suggestions are welcome...

Computer science news on Phys.org
You'll end up getting a tablet if you want touch screen.

You'll have to be more specific.

Don't base too much off of CNet. They are horribly biased.

When I go shopping for notebooks, I always look at: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,114734,00.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Who isn't biased? CNet is a fine resource, provided you take it with a grain of salt. Your best bet is to decide what hardware you want, find a few devices that meet your requirements, and then search for at least 3 reviews of each one by SEPARATE sources.

As far as deciding between what platform to use, I recommend deciding on exactly what you want to be able to use it for. Examples:
Note taking
Internet browsing
Games (simple)
Games (3-D)
Graphic Design
Programming
Scheduling
etc.

Tell us what you want to do with it and we'll recommend what "it" should be ;)

Who isn't biased?

Some sites are more/less biased than others. CNet has a reputation for being biased.

MacAddict has a heavy reputation for being biased towards Mac products. If you want a review on the latest Apple Computer - look elsewhere.

What is a notebook for university?

A notebook for university is a type of notebook specifically designed for students to use in their academic studies. It is used to take notes in lectures, seminars, and while studying, and to keep track of assignments and important dates.

What is the difference between a notebook for university and a regular notebook?

The main difference between a notebook for university and a regular notebook is the organization and layout. A notebook for university typically has sections for different subjects or classes, as well as features such as a table of contents and page numbers. It is also designed to be durable and able to withstand frequent use.

Do I need a notebook for university?

While it ultimately depends on personal preference, a notebook for university can be a helpful tool for staying organized and keeping track of important information in your academic studies. It can also serve as a useful reference for studying and reviewing material.

What should I look for in a notebook for university?

When choosing a notebook for university, consider factors such as the size, durability, and organization features. It is also important to choose a notebook that works well with your preferred note-taking style, whether it be lined, blank, or graph paper.

Can I use a digital notebook for university instead?

Yes, there are many digital options for note-taking and organization in university, such as note-taking apps or online platforms. However, some students may find that a physical notebook is more conducive to their learning style and may prefer to use a combination of both digital and physical methods.