A small SciFi comic loosely based on the sixth day movie

• Writing: Input Wanted
  • Thread starter farolero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie Scifi
In summary, the conversation was about a comic/visual novel that was created and the recommendation to look into guides for improvement. The comic was compared to another author's work, highlighting the use of empty space for text and proper spelling and grammar. The person also mentioned learning Ruby and the interest in the suggested guide.
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice work! The number of people who have put together a comic/visual novel is relatively low, so congratulations on doing that! If this is something you are interested in continuing, I recommend picking a few guides to improve your skill (I've got a stack of "how to write" books in my closet :wink:).

Likes farolero and jedishrfu
Your comic reminded me of the one done by Why-the-lucky-stiff and I thought you might gain insight looking at another authors work.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why's_(poignant)_Guide_to_Ruby#

http://www.rubyinside.com/media/poignant-guide.pdf

A key feature of Whys comic is that the text is drawn in the empty space and doesn't overwrite the picture. Also the text is carefully printed in smaller block lettering for readability. Whys drawings are very whimsical like yours but he provides space for the text that he adds later.

Also Why was careful to use proper spelling of words and proper grammar for his text.

Likes farolero
pretty synchronically enough i started learning ruby two days ago so I am reading that with a lots of interest, thanks for the heads up

1. What is the premise of the comic?

The comic follows a group of scientists who accidentally create clones of themselves and must navigate ethical and moral dilemmas as they try to escape the consequences.

2. How closely does the comic follow the plot of the movie?

The comic is loosely based on the movie and takes inspiration from certain elements, but also introduces new characters and plot points.

3. Is the comic scientifically accurate?

While the comic does explore scientific concepts such as cloning and ethics, it is ultimately a work of fiction and may take creative liberties for storytelling purposes.

4. Who would enjoy reading this comic?

This comic would appeal to fans of the science fiction genre, as well as those interested in ethical debates and the consequences of scientific advancements.

5. Are there plans for a sequel or continuation of the story?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel or continuation of the story, but the possibility is always open for future projects.