1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A wheel rotates with a constant angular acceleration of 3.30 rad/s2.

1. Mar 4, 2012 #1
    A wheel rotates with a constant angular acceleration of 3.30 rad/s2. Assume the angular speed of the wheel is 2.45 rad/s at ti = 0.
    (a) Through what angle does the wheel rotate between t = 0 and t = 2.00 s? Give your answer in radians and revolutions.
    (b) What is the angular speed of the wheel at t = 2.00 s?

Answers: a) 11.50 rad and 1.83 rev
    b) 9.05 rad/s

Use the values from above to help you work this exercise.
    (a) Find the angle through which the wheel rotates between t = 2.00 s and t = 3.00 s.

I understood the first part and got the correct answers, however, I have tried this problem a few times and came up the wrong answer.... Here are my attempts with wrong answers:

(2.45rad/s)(3.00s) + 1/2(3.30rad/s^2)(3.00s)^2 = 22.2rad (wrong)
    AND
    (9.05rad/s)(3.00s) + 1/2(3.30rad/s^s)(3.00s)^2 = 42rad (wrong again)

Can someone tell me where I am doing this equation incorrectly? I thought on the second attempt I was spot on, but I'm not.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2012 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi KTANNE! Welcome to PF! :smile:
    erm :redface:

2 seconds ! :cry:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook