A wheel rotates with a constant angular acceleration of 3.30 rad/s2.

In summary, the wheel rotates 11.50 radians or 1.83 revolutions between t = 0 and t = 2.00 s, with an angular speed of 9.05 rad/s at t = 2.00 s. The angle through which the wheel rotates between t = 2.00 s and t = 3.00 s is 27.15 radians or 4.33 revolutions.
KTANNE
A wheel rotates with a constant angular acceleration of 3.30 rad/s2. Assume the angular speed of the wheel is 2.45 rad/s at ti = 0.
(a) Through what angle does the wheel rotate between t = 0 and t = 2.00 s? Give your answer in radians and revolutions.
(b) What is the angular speed of the wheel at t = 2.00 s?

Answers: a) 11.50 rad and 1.83 rev
b) 9.05 rad/s

Use the values from above to help you work this exercise.
(a) Find the angle through which the wheel rotates between t = 2.00 s and t = 3.00 s.

I understood the first part and got the correct answers, however, I have tried this problem a few times and came up the wrong answer... Here are my attempts with wrong answers:

(2.45rad/s)(3.00s) + 1/2(3.30rad/s^2)(3.00s)^2 = 22.2rad (wrong)
AND
(9.05rad/s)(3.00s) + 1/2(3.30rad/s^s)(3.00s)^2 = 42rad (wrong again)

Can someone tell me where I am doing this equation incorrectly? I thought on the second attempt I was spot on, but I'm not.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi KTANNE! Welcome to PF! :smile:
KTANNE said:
A wheel rotates with a constant angular acceleration of 3.30 rad/s2. Assume the angular speed of the wheel is 2.45 rad/s at ti = 0.
(a) Through what angle does the wheel rotate between t = 0 and t = 2.00 s?

(2.45rad/s)(3.00s) + 1/2(3.30rad/s^2)(3.00s)^2 = 22.2rad (wrong)

erm :redface:

2 seconds ! :cry:

1. What is the definition of angular acceleration?

Angular acceleration is the rate of change of angular velocity, which is the rate at which an object is rotating.

2. How is angular acceleration measured?

Angular acceleration is measured in radians per second squared (rad/s2).

3. What does it mean for a wheel to rotate with a constant angular acceleration?

It means that the wheel is increasing its angular velocity by the same amount every second, resulting in a uniform change in its rotational motion.

4. How does a constant angular acceleration affect the speed of the wheel?

A constant angular acceleration will cause the wheel to speed up at a steady rate, resulting in an increase in its rotational speed over time.

5. Can a wheel have a negative angular acceleration?

Yes, a wheel can have a negative angular acceleration if it is slowing down or decelerating. This means that the wheel is decreasing its rotational speed over time.