Absolute Hot - infographic on temperatures

In summary, the conversation revolves around a graphic found on a website called Dark Roasted Blend, showcasing various observed temperatures and the concept of "absolute hot". Dave points out that the notion of "absolute hot" is not scientifically valid and that the infographic contains some errors and oversights. The conversation also briefly touches on the use of scientific notation and the "coldest place in the Universe".
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Just stumbled across this on my favorite site Dark Roasted Blend:

I did not know there was an 'absolute hot'.

(it's too large to post here)
http://i.imgur.com/iHW7Dwh.png

Likes Greg Bernhardt, Andy Resnick, davenn and 2 others
Science news on Phys.org
Thanks Dave, interesting graphic :)

Dave

Well it may not be "absolute hot", but it sure is absolutely hot :w

Sadly, the notion of "absolute hot" is utter and complete nonsense. The Planck temperature is no more the highest temperature than the Planck resistance (30 ohms) is the highest (or would it be lowest?) resistance.

Vanadium 50 said:
Sadly, the notion of "absolute hot" is utter and complete nonsense. The Planck temperature is no more the highest temperature than the Planck resistance (30 ohms) is the highest (or would it be lowest?) resistance.
Is the explanation wrong as well? That our physics models break down at that point?

Do our physics models break down at 30 ohms?

I don't know. I've never heard the Planck resistance, so I can't draw a correlation with the claim about the Planck temp.

But if the infographic is nonsense I should pull it down.

The only nonsenical part is the "absolute hot" part. (But that's the part that was, unfortunately, featured)

It is interesting to see a wide range of observed temperatures in one compilation.

Some other oversights:

Scientific notation is mostly avoided, presumably out of consideration for a lay audience, but is used when referring to the age of the universe in a couple of places.

The "coldest place in the Universe" occurs within our very own galaxy! What are the odds?

What is absolute hot?

Absolute hot refers to the theoretical highest possible temperature that can exist in the universe, also known as the Planck temperature. It is approximately 1.416 x 10^32 Kelvin or 1.416 x 10^32 degrees Celsius.

How is absolute hot different from absolute zero?

Absolute zero is the theoretical lowest possible temperature that can exist, at which all molecular motion stops. In contrast, absolute hot is the theoretical highest possible temperature, at which all molecular motion is at its maximum.

Can absolute hot be reached in our universe?

No, it is impossible for absolute hot to be reached in our universe due to the laws of physics. As temperatures increase, energy dissipates and prevents further heating. Additionally, matter would not be able to exist at such high temperatures.

What are some examples of absolute hot?

Since absolute hot cannot be reached in our universe, there are no known examples of it in nature. However, some theories suggest that the Big Bang, the event that created the universe, may have briefly reached absolute hot temperatures.

Why is it important to study absolute hot?

Studying absolute hot helps us to better understand the fundamental laws of physics and the limits of our universe. It also has potential applications in fields such as astrophysics and quantum mechanics.