AC to DC rectifying problem

• Thread starter kurt13
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ac Dc
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with a hard exercise involving charging a battery with direct current. They are unsure of how to solve it and are looking for hints or guidance. The battery is charged with AC, using a full-wave rectifier, and the ammeter shows the same current as when charging with DC. The person knows the answer is 8.8 hours but is unsure of how to get it. They are also seeking more hints and clarification on the integration process.
kurt13

Homework Statement

Hello,

I have one hard exercise, that I can't do. Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue, but maybe somebody could help.

To charge a battery with direct current I, it takes t=8 h. But they didn't have a DC supply, so they charged it with AC, that was rectified with full-wave rectifier. The electro-dynamic system ammeter is plugged into the battery charging circuit and shows exactly the same I, like when charging with DC. So I1=I2. How long it takes to charge the battery with these conditions?

I now the answer, which is t1=8,8 h, but don't now how to get it. :)

So I hope that someone can help me.

I got some hints from professor, so I attach them also in here.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 232
Physics news on Phys.org
Does anyone know how to do it or can give me more hints ?
I would be very thankful, I kinda need this pretty soon.

And when integrating, what should be tracks? [1) 0 ... Pi or 2) 0 ... t)]

What is AC to DC rectifying problem?

The AC to DC rectifying problem refers to the process of converting alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). This is necessary because most electronic devices require DC power to function, while the power supplied by the grid is AC.

Why is AC to DC rectifying important?

AC to DC rectifying is important because it allows us to power electronic devices using the electricity supplied by the grid. Without this conversion, our devices would not be able to function properly.

What are the different ways to rectify AC to DC?

There are several methods for rectifying AC to DC, including half-wave rectification, full-wave rectification, and bridge rectification. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice often depends on the specific application.

What are the common problems encountered with AC to DC rectification?

Some common problems with AC to DC rectification include voltage ripples, harmonic distortion, and power loss. These issues can affect the efficiency and reliability of the conversion process.

How can I troubleshoot AC to DC rectifying problems?

If you are experiencing issues with AC to DC rectification, you can troubleshoot the problem by checking for loose connections, damaged components, and incorrect wiring. It may also be helpful to use a multimeter to test the voltage and current at different points in the circuit.