Act against Gravitational Force

In summary: One possible way to implement Bird characters in a toy-like machine is to use a material such as cardboard or paper.
abhimohpra
Hi all,
I am new to Physics. Rather my profession is different.
We are working on a project at domestic level; where i have to handle physics theory.

Question: How can i pull object up at some distance from Earth contantly against Earth's gravity?

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
A ramp...?

Hi,
Not a ramp. A Simple application like an object constantly stable without any support at some distance from ground. (Oppose to gravity).

you need a force that is equal to (or greater if u want it to go up) 9.8 x 'mass of object', which is opposing the force of gravity... up.

assuming there is no other forces.

A helicopter or rocket, or hovering jet (like a harrier)?

Last edited:
A mag-lev train.
A balloon.

Need more inputs...

Great guess experts!

@jackanese: thanks!

@Jeff Reid: Yes the application behaves amost like helicopter. But helicopter is a mass development.

It is a small kit(unit) , say a "teflon/plastic-disc" which flies at certain level at of constant speed. There has to be a motor to take that disc up from ground level and goes down when unit stopped.

see below diagram:

<----> : Flying disc (multi-directional movement UP/DOWN and FRWD/BKWD)

----------------------------- <= Ground

How can i achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

abhimohpra said:
@Jeff Reid: Yes the application behaves amost like helicopter. But helicopter is a mass development.

It is a small kit(unit) , say a "teflon/plastic-disc" which flies at certain level at of constant speed. There has to be a motor to take that disc up from ground level and goes down when unit stopped.

see below diagram:

<----> : Flying disc (multi-directional movement UP/DOWN and FRWD/BKWD)

----------------------------- <= Ground

How can i achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

A toy-helicopter ? For about 70 Euro, you can buy one. It does exactly that...

Maybe a superconductor?

Hi,
@vanesch: :-) Initially it will look like toy-helicopter. In progress it has to lift bulk weight.
Anyways, your theory is useful.
Can anybody explain how toy helicopter functions?
Waiting for answer...

abhimohpra said:
Can anybody explain how toy helicopter functions?
Waiting for answer...

Like a real one, but smaller...

...a Frisbee?

sorry guys for late reply ... was held in some work.

Yes it will function like "Frisbee" but machine operated and not manually.

Simply Automated frisbee.

Any idea how to proceed?

-

Glue a toy helicopter to a frisbee?

I want frisbee itself to be automated.
Simply small toy helicopter!

I would require your help in the form of useful websites, datasheets, whitepapers, e-books or forum help etc to build a toy helicopter.

Fill a huge balloon with helium. Fix tanks to it. Tune the amount of helium so that when the tanks are empty, the balloon rises. Open valves to fill the tanks with oxygen to descend.

Add battery driven propellers if you need to control horizontal movement.

Stay away from strong winds.

k

Hilarious thread. So may the most ingenious among you emerge and rise...

What about a bird? I keenly advocate natural energy sources.

@ManDay : Yes pointed perfectly.
How can we implement Bird chars in toy like machine? Any material?

What is the Act against Gravitational Force?

The Act against Gravitational Force is a scientific concept that describes the ability to counteract or overcome the force of gravity, which is the natural force that pulls objects towards each other.

How do you act against gravitational force?

Acting against gravitational force requires the use of external forces, such as thrust, to oppose the force of gravity. This can be achieved through various means, such as using rockets or engines to generate thrust, or using specialized equipment like anti-gravity chambers.

What are the practical applications of acting against gravitational force?

The ability to act against gravitational force has various practical applications, including space travel, aviation, and the development of advanced technologies such as magnetic levitation trains. It also has potential uses in medical treatments, such as counteracting the effects of prolonged bed rest on the human body.

What are some challenges in acting against gravitational force?

One of the main challenges in acting against gravitational force is the high energy and resources required to overcome it. This makes it difficult to maintain a constant act against gravity for extended periods of time. Additionally, there are safety concerns and potential risks involved in defying the natural force of gravity.

Can we completely eliminate the effects of gravitational force?

No, it is not currently possible to completely eliminate the effects of gravitational force. However, with advancements in technology and scientific understanding, it may be possible to significantly reduce or counteract its effects in certain situations.