Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advantages of Three Wheel Boot Strap System Airconditioning

1. Jan 6, 2016 #1
    Hi
    I want to the advantages of three wheel Bootstrap air-conditioning System over two Wheel system in an air cycle machine used in aircraft environmental control system. Can anyone please help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2016 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I've never heard of any of that - there may be a translation issue. Can you provide a source describing these different systems?

4. Jan 8, 2016 #3
    Hi
    These are air conditioning system used in aircrafts mainly. Visit this page http://www.thisisecs.com/blog/

5. Jan 9, 2016 #4
    Just an guess, maybe educated or not.

But the three wheel provides a more controlled amount of air through the heat exchanger from the fan being connected to the shaft.
    It would work "better" on the ground for the comfort of the passengers I think, when there is no forced air from the movement of the airplane.
    Thermodynamically there doesn't seem to be all that much of a difference if any.

6. Jan 9, 2016 #5
    Yes may be you are right.Thanks Dude.

7. Jan 10, 2016 #6
    As an after thought, rather than from just a design perspective, there is also the operations perspective.

The number of system components to check for proper operation, and if a fault detected then mantainance turnaround.
    With the three wheel, if the airconditioning doesn't function, the fault can be pinpointed more directly to the AC unit - replace the unit.
    In the two wheel, is it the fan for forced flow and/or its electrical circuit, or the AC unit. Mechanics have a few more things to check.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook