Aerodynamics Book for Engineering Students - No Math or Physics Knowledge Needed

In summary, the speaker is a mechanical engineering student who is interested in aircraft design. They have read "Aircraft Design" by Daniel P. Raymer and are now seeking a book on aerodynamics. They have some prior knowledge on the subject, but are looking for a book that takes into account their lack of high level math and physics information. They have been recommended "Flight Without Formula" by Phillipet and "A.M Mhitariyan- Aerodynamika" by someone, along with "J.D Anderson Fundamentals of Aerodynamic" which they have been told is a standard. They are looking for more information on these books before making a decision.
kdrdgn07
Hello everyone. Firstly, I have to say that I'm studying mechanical engineering but I was at Preperation Class last year. I'm going to begin my engineering education this year. (hence, I don't have any high level math or physics informations) I am interested with Aircrafts. I've just read "Aircraft Design" (Daniel P. Raymer). consequently, I need a Aerodynamic book. I have a infrastructure about Aerodynamic and aircrafts. I know some things ( Principle of Bernouille, flows etc.) You should consider this situation when you suggesting. Thank you.

Edit: Someone has suggested this "FLIGHT WITHOUT FORMULA (By Phillipet)" , " A.M Mhitariyan- Aerodynamika" , "J.D Anderson Fundamentals of Aerodynamic" [If you have any information about these books, Please tell me how are these?" ] THANK YOU AGAIN!

Physics news on Phys.org
Anderson is a standard. If the same person who recommended Anderson also recommended the other (I'm not familiar with it), I would take that advice very seriously.

Likes kdrdgn07

1. What is aerodynamics and why is it important for engineering students?

Aerodynamics is the study of how air moves around objects and how those objects interact with the air. It is important for engineering students because it helps them understand how air flows around different shapes and structures, which is crucial for designing efficient and safe vehicles, buildings, and other structures.

2. Do I need to have a strong background in math and physics to understand this book?

No, this book is specifically designed for students who do not have a strong background in math and physics. It explains aerodynamics concepts in simple and easy-to-understand language, without using complex mathematical equations.

3. What topics are covered in this book?

This book covers the basic principles of aerodynamics, including airfoils, lift and drag forces, boundary layers, and flow separation. It also discusses the applications of aerodynamics in different fields, such as aerospace, automotive, and wind energy.

4. Are there any real-world examples or case studies included in this book?

Yes, this book includes numerous real-world examples and case studies to help readers understand how aerodynamics principles are applied in practical engineering projects. These examples also make the concepts more relatable and easier to grasp.

5. How can this book benefit me as an engineering student?

This book can benefit engineering students by providing them with a basic understanding of aerodynamics principles, which is essential for many engineering disciplines. It also presents the information in a simplified manner, making it easier for students to grasp and apply in their studies and future careers.