What Adventures Await on the SS Galenog?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, The Captain Pillowhead is looking for new members for his pirate ship and offers a position to a pirate who is too good for a minion. He also offers weapons and projectiles for the members of the pirate ship.
Who are actually part of the pirate crew here; Master Bates and Roger the Cabin Boy, perchance?

I know; it's old..

But damn good anyway..

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Gale17 said:
http://www.piratesstore.com/images/store/flag_images/flags-wh-band-155.gif

Arg Mateys! I am yer Captain Pillowhead! This is the Pf pirate ship, the SS Galenog! all ye who board best be ready fer fantastic adventures and treasures beyond yer wildest dreams. All you scallywags prepare to set sail!

First mate brewndog, hoist the sails!

Um er, can a rather un dashing man with a big gun and huge sharp cutting
type thingy join the crew?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have to share the bunk with Roger..

arildno said:
You'll have to share the bunk with Roger..

will i have room f me uge shape cutting type thingy and big gun?

It shouldn't be any problem accomodating that big gun of yours.

arildno said:
It shouldn't be any problem accomodating that big gun of yours.

You notice it be gone quiet? is um fearin me big gun?

Nah, they're just apprehensive of what might come out of the whole thingy.

arildno said:
Nah, they're just apprehensive of what might come out of the whole thingy.

Oh, ok i be just standin er an whistle an fiddle wi me huge sharp cutting
thingy then.

Welcome aboard, me harty wolram lad!

We be needing all the swashbuckling buccaneers we be getting, young wolram lad! We (Cap'n Galey, First Mate Brewnog, Cabin Boy Pengwuino and Parrot Motai) be preparing to battle with those rogue ragscallions Moonbear, MIH and Smurf!

Put the kettle on, there's a pretty boy.

Note:
He's a wollie boy, not a prettyboy.

brewnog said:
Welcome aboard, me harty wolram lad!

We be needing all the swashbuckling buccaneers we be getting, young wolram lad! We (Cap'n Galey, First Mate Brewnog, Cabin Boy Pengwuino and Parrot Motai) be preparing to battle with those rogue ragscallions Moonbear, MIH and Smurf!

Put the kettle on, there's a pretty boy.

Capn Galey ay, i tek er silver f me skill wi uge sharp cutting type thingy.
an we batlin Moonbear n a Smurf ay.

YAAARRRHHH! Avast ye scurvey curs and ye curvey scurs! (ye know who ye are) Fetch me Dramamine - we set sail at dawn!

Math Is Hard said:
YAAARRRHHH! Avast ye scurvey curs and ye curvey scurs! (ye know who ye are) Fetch me Dramamine - we set sail at dawn!

Well i opes i aint a curvycur, anyone calls me that n they be gettin me huge
sharpe cuttin type thing up the briskit.

moonbear, can I join you and smurf and become a ninja sub pirate?

I think I'll go to Haiti and form myself a crew of Zombies... or maybe Zoobies, I haven't decided yet.

okay, you know what, if it's going to take this long to become a ninga pirate I'll start my own group. The purple jellyfish have already agreed to come with me, and we will create the best theory ever: hyperjellitivity. anyone else in?

yomamma said:
moonbear, can I join you and smurf and become a ninja sub pirate?
You'll have to ask Captain Smurf. I'm just the wench on the crew. Though, since you wouldn't drop a lifeboat for me when they made me walk the plank, I don't know if I'll be putting in a good word for you with the Captain. :devil:

no, nvm. I am one with the jellies and have started our hyperjellitivity theory

Moonbear said:
You'll have to ask Captain Smurf. I'm just the wench on the crew. Though, since you wouldn't drop a lifeboat for me when they made me walk the plank, I don't know if I'll be putting in a good word for you with the Captain. :devil:
That reminds me- you guys also need a Pirate Code of Conduct. :rolleyes: What a bunch of landlubbers.

No, no, no... pirates and ninjas are mortal enemies! Just do a search for "pirate vs ninja". :-p

I don't do water very well, and I refuse to take sides in this issue since I have friends in all crews. I therefore call upon FredGarvin, Z-Component, Integral, KingNothing and any other interested iron bird drivers to assist in the formation of the Danger Squadron Flying Pirates. Integral, you will be in charge of sniping that Vamp and SR-71 from the museum. Fred, one each please of Lynx, Cobra and Skycrane, as well as hangar facilities. Z-C, at your age you're probably the only one who can fit into the Vamp, so she's all yours. Fred and I will take one Arrow each, but we have to build them from scratch. Someone try to scare up a sub-chaser, too, in case Smurf gets uppity. If anybody can find Huck, tell him to bring a couple of Harriers with him. SkyKingNothing, bring what you can; if you have a favourite warbird, add it to the list.
I'll figure out further details and logo design while at work.

Sliver me timbers, it be ard life as a pirate, i bin ere all night a whistlin and
playing with me huge sharp cuttinig type thing an i aint even ad no grog.

Hurkyl said:
No, no, no... pirates and ninjas are mortal enemies! Just do a search for "pirate vs ninja". :-p
Wow! I had no idea.. I just assumed that pirates and ninjas didn't really interact with each other.

Math Is Hard said:
Wow! I had no idea.. I just assumed that pirates and ninjas didn't really interact with each other.
Have you not seen this?!
http://www.stanford.edu/~scodary/tkam.htm
Everyone mind the URL. This actually came out of Stanford! :eek:

OMG! that's hilarious! :smile:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Have you not seen this?!
http://www.stanford.edu/~scodary/tkam.htm
Everyone mind the URL. This actually came out of Stanford! :eek:
No - I hadn't seen that. It was this one that I came across:
http://www.viciouscyclone.com/Adz/Ad003.html

I want to be a pirate. I've already got a patch (who says you have to wear it over your eye?) and my timbers are shivering. And I've been practcing my piratejibberish. Arrrgggghhhh. Hoistenuptharmisenmast androsinupthe mainsail Blowmedown. Arrrrrgggghhh.

Well.. So far we have:
Gale's Pirates
Smurf's Ninja's
MIH's Pirates
StatutoryApe's Zombies
Yommama's Jellyfish
and
Danger's Flying Pirates

Did I miss anyone?

What we are missing is robots. Who wants to start a robot clique? We could do with some Vampires, Faeries, Dark Jedi and Fury Little Animals too. Any volunteers?

Oh and Moonbear, you have full recruiting authority, you can induct anyone you want to any position you want. I could use more acolytes.

Last edited:
I've always wanted my own legion of brains in vats. Could this be the day?

Smurf said:
Oh and Moonbear, you have full recruiting authority, you can induct anyone you want to any position you want. I could use more acolytes.
Ooh, goody! Evo, want to be a ninja? :biggrin: And I think we need Astronuc's nuclear expertise on this sub. :approve: I just know that needle there isn't supposed to go over to where it's all red, but don't know what to do if it does. :eek:

I've been accused of being a vampire, 'cause I generally like it dark, and dislike bright light. :frown:

Smurf said:
Well.. So far we have:
Gale's Pirates
Smurf's Ninja's
MIH's Pirates
StatutoryApe's Zombies
Yommama's Jellyfish
and
Danger's Flying Pirates

Did I miss anyone?

What we are missing is robots. Who wants to start a robot clique? We could do with some Vampires, Faeries, Dark Jedi and Fury Little Animals too. Any volunteers?

I was thinking about my ectoplasm gang, but they can be just so to bad
even for this adventure.

Back