Help Needed: Calculating Air Pressure with Roe and K

In summary, the person introducing themselves on the forum is seeking help with a physics homework problem involving air pressure at normal conditions. They are asking for assistance with the relevant equations and their solution attempt.
BenjoNi
Hello everybody... My name is Benjamin and I'm new on this forum... I come from Bosnia & Herzegovina...

Our new school year just started... and first day we get some homework in psyhics to do... its all from 1 grade (1st year of school) and its about air preassure... I would like your help just with this task because I just can't remember formulas just can't...

it says: Calculate air preassure at normal conditions where roe(greece letter known as ro ggl it) so. roe= 1.29(kg/m^3)... and k=1.4 that's all that our professor gave to us please help me I need help just this one

Physics news on Phys.org
BenjoNi said:
Hello everybody... My name is Benjamin and I'm new on this forum... I come from Bosnia & Herzegovina...

Our new school year just started... and first day we get some homework in psyhics to do... its all from 1 grade (1st year of school) and its about air preassure... I would like your help just with this task because I just can't remember formulas just can't...

it says: Calculate air preassure at normal conditions where roe(greece letter known as ro ggl it) so. roe= 1.29(kg/m^3)... and k=1.4 that's all that our professor gave to us please help me I need help just this one

Welcome to the PF.

We do not do your schoolwork for you here. What are the relevant equations involved (you can find them in your textbook), and what is your attempt at a solution?

1. What is the formula for calculating air pressure with Roe and K?

The formula for calculating air pressure with Roe and K is: P = (K * ρ * V^2) / 2, where P is the air pressure, K is the gas constant, ρ is the density of air, and V is the velocity of the air.

2. How is the gas constant (K) determined in the calculation?

The gas constant (K) is determined by the specific gas being measured. Each gas has its own unique value for K, which is typically measured in units of joules per kilogram per kelvin (J/kg/K).

3. What units should be used when inputting values into the formula?

The units used for input values should be consistent with the units used for the gas constant (K). For example, if K is in J/kg/K, then density (ρ) should be in kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m^3) and velocity (V) should be in meters per second (m/s).

4. Can this formula be used for other gases besides air?

Yes, this formula can be used for other gases as long as the correct gas constant (K) is used for the specific gas being measured. However, it is important to note that the units for input values may vary depending on the units of K.

5. How accurate is this formula for calculating air pressure?

The accuracy of this formula depends on the accuracy of the input values and the gas constant (K) used. Typically, this formula provides a good estimate of air pressure, but for more precise calculations, other factors such as temperature and altitude may need to be taken into account.