Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alive and kicking, well alive anyway

1. Jan 19, 2005 #1
    I'm still breathing. My leg looks horrible, but it's healing. The doctor told me to keep doing what I've been doing, except I'm supposed to quit messing around with it. I'm supposed to keep the bandages in place and throw away my magnifying glass and sharp metal probe.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I must have missed a post somewhere. Care to elaborate Tribdog.

What the hell are you doing to yourself? Medical experiments?

4. Jan 19, 2005 #3

Close enough. What else would he be doing to himself?

5. Jan 19, 2005 #4
    lol I'm just kidding. My doctor did tell me to let nature work and not try to hurry the process by over cleaning the wound. I'm to curious for my own good sometimes.

6. Jan 19, 2005 #5

Astronuc

I missed the post where you wounded yourself or got wounded.

I hope you heal quickly.

7. Jan 19, 2005 #6
    didn't you get the newsletter?

8. Jan 19, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Astronuc, it's at the beginning of the OUCH thread (the end of that thread was me and Tsu further torturing him...er, um...I mean an elaborate nightmare tribdog was having). He managed a spectacular stab wound to the leg with a mechanical pencil...something only tribdog could do.

tribdog, glad you got it checked out and that all is healing. Better safe than sorry getting it checked out (I know, that's not your usual m.o., but that's what you've got me around for).

Now, stop messing with your wound or we'll have to put one of those big cones around your head. :rofl:

9. Jan 19, 2005 #8

Astronuc

You mean "Masochistic Monthly" or the "Sadists Weekly".

No, thankfully I am not on those mailing lists.

10. Jan 19, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. Jan 19, 2005 #10

Astronuc

OK, found it. Hmmm. Be more careful Trib. And listen to Moonbear.

Actually, I think Tribdog needs something more substantial than one of those big cones.

Pencil in the leg. Hmmm. I haven't had one of those since the girl who sat in front of me in 9th grade math turned around and jabbed her pencil in my leg. I let out a muffled scream, and the teacher (very old) looked up and asked what was going on. It was pretty funny :rofl: , but painful. It took a few years for the graphite to be absorbed, but it didn't slow me down.

As for the girl, she was a friend. She and I would tease each other. I occassionally wore a shirt with laced V-neck. She used to like to grab the laces, which I left untied, pull me forward and tie me to the back of her chair in class. I forget what precipitated the pencil in the leg - probably because freed myself. She was a lot of fun. :biggrin:

Lost track of her after I moved.

12. Jan 19, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! Maybe you need a subscription to Masochists Monthly as well! :biggrin:

13. Jan 19, 2005 #12
    where do i get a subscription to it??

14. Jan 19, 2005 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am glad you're feeling better, trib. Try to take it easy, OK? Put on your jammies, lay on the couch and watch some cartoons... just rest up. Give yourself time to heal.

15. Jan 19, 2005 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tribdog, you're in good company. Your saga reminded my of friend of my cousin; a cop in San Diego. He was cleaning his ears with Q-Tips one morning and was distracted while twisting. He forgot about the remaining spear in his ear until he got into his car. He hit the Q-Tip on the car and drove it right in. He perforated his eardrum. :yuck:

16. Jan 19, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does this mean I can't even have Q-tips around tribdog now? The list keeps getting longer and longer. :rolleyes:

17. Jan 19, 2005 #16
    What was that?

18. Jan 19, 2005 #17

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm very glad you're doing better, trib. Now I can kick your a$$ for not answering my PM when I was so worried about you. :biggrin:

19. Jan 19, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get in line! :biggrin:

20. Jan 20, 2005 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe this will help, Moonbear:
    http://ks.essortment.com/childproof_rigc.htm

an excerpt:

21. Jan 20, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks so much for the precautions MIH! I hadn't considered just how much trouble one could get into in the bathroom. It looks like only solution to completely ensure his safety is to never leave him unattended in the shower. :rolleyes:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?