Alive and kicking, well alive anyway

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Does this mean I can't even have Q-tips around tribdog now? The list keeps getting longer and longer. :rolleyes:
tribdog
I'm still breathing. My leg looks horrible, but it's healing. The doctor told me to keep doing what I've been doing, except I'm supposed to quit messing around with it. I'm supposed to keep the bandages in place and throw away my magnifying glass and sharp metal probe.

Physics news on Phys.org
I must have missed a post somewhere. Care to elaborate Tribdog.

What the hell are you doing to yourself? Medical experiments?

Astronuc said:

Close enough. What else would he be doing to himself?

Astronuc said:

lol I'm just kidding. My doctor did tell me to let nature work and not try to hurry the process by over cleaning the wound. I'm to curious for my own good sometimes.

I missed the post where you wounded yourself or got wounded.

I hope you heal quickly.

Astronuc said:
I missed the post where you wounded yourself or got wounded.

I hope you heal quickly.
didn't you get the newsletter?

Astronuc, it's at the beginning of the OUCH thread (the end of that thread was me and Tsu further torturing him...er, um...I mean an elaborate nightmare tribdog was having). He managed a spectacular stab wound to the leg with a mechanical pencil...something only tribdog could do.

tribdog, glad you got it checked out and that all is healing. Better safe than sorry getting it checked out (I know, that's not your usual m.o., but that's what you've got me around for).

Now, stop messing with your wound or we'll have to put one of those big cones around your head. :rofl:

tribdog said:
didn't you get the newsletter?

You mean "Masochistic Monthly" or the "Sadists Weekly".

No, thankfully I am not on those mailing lists.

Astronuc said:
You mean "Masochistic Monthly" or the "Sadists Weekly".

No, thankfully I am not on those mailing lists.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Astronuc, it's at the beginning of the OUCH thread (the end of that thread was me and Tsu further torturing him...er, um...I mean an elaborate nightmare tribdog was having). He managed a spectacular stab wound to the leg with a mechanical pencil...something only tribdog could do.

Now, stop messing with your wound or we'll have to put one of those big cones around your head. :rofl:

OK, found it. Hmmm. Be more careful Trib. And listen to Moonbear.

Actually, I think Tribdog needs something more substantial than one of those big cones.

Pencil in the leg. Hmmm. I haven't had one of those since the girl who sat in front of me in 9th grade math turned around and jabbed her pencil in my leg. I let out a muffled scream, and the teacher (very old) looked up and asked what was going on. It was pretty funny :rofl: , but painful. It took a few years for the graphite to be absorbed, but it didn't slow me down.

As for the girl, she was a friend. She and I would tease each other. I occassionally wore a shirt with laced V-neck. She used to like to grab the laces, which I left untied, pull me forward and tie me to the back of her chair in class. I forget what precipitated the pencil in the leg - probably because freed myself. She was a lot of fun. :biggrin:

Lost track of her after I moved.

LOL! Maybe you need a subscription to Masochists Monthly as well! :biggrin:

where do i get a subscription to it??

I am glad you're feeling better, trib. Try to take it easy, OK? Put on your jammies, lay on the couch and watch some cartoons... just rest up. Give yourself time to heal.

Tribdog, you're in good company. Your saga reminded my of friend of my cousin; a cop in San Diego. He was cleaning his ears with Q-Tips one morning and was distracted while twisting. He forgot about the remaining spear in his ear until he got into his car. He hit the Q-Tip on the car and drove it right in. He perforated his eardrum. :yuck:

Ivan Seeking said:
Tribdog, you're in good company. Your saga reminded my of friend of my cousin; a cop in San Diego. He was cleaning his ears with Q-Tips one morning and was distracted while twisting. He forgot about the remaining spear in his ear until he got into his car. He hit the Q-Tip on the car and drove it right in. He perforated his eardrum. :yuck:

Does this mean I can't even have Q-tips around tribdog now? The list keeps getting longer and longer. :rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:
What was that?

I'm very glad you're doing better, trib. Now I can kick your a$$ for not answering my PM when I was so worried about you. :biggrin:

Tsu said:
I'm very glad you're doing better, trib. Now I can kick your a$$ for not answering my PM when I was so worried about you. :biggrin:

Get in line! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Does this mean I can't even have Q-tips around tribdog now? The list keeps getting longer and longer. :rolleyes:

Maybe this will help, Moonbear:
http://ks.essortment.com/childproof_rigc.htm [Broken]

an excerpt:
Our bathrooms are potential dangers. Remove all razors to bathroom cabinets, as they tend to attract the eyes of your tribdog with their bright colors. ..
Small buttons, needles, scissors and tweezers can all be safely kept in locked cupboards. If you have glass shower doors, ensure they can ‘roll’ easily on their tracks and that they don’t get stuck. Tribdogs especially love to hide in showers and if the doors get stuck not only can your tribdog be locked in the shower, but if he puts too much force on the door it can break or give way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the precautions MIH! I hadn't considered just how much trouble one could get into in the bathroom. It looks like only solution to completely ensure his safety is to never leave him unattended in the shower. :rolleyes:

Does the suit protect against monkey bites too? Because right now, he's in far more danger of being bitten by a monkey than a bear. :biggrin: Besides, he doesn't really want to keep bears away. :wink:

It provides no protection at all against bears, especially Moonbears. :biggrin:

It does not look very Q-tip proof either. "While the expense of personal protection devices [PPD] is high, improper use does not abate the risk of personal injury. Such losses are not budgeted, and ultimately result in investor dissatisfaction." Should I remove this from my resume'?

Chronos said:
It does not look very Q-tip proof either. "While the expense of personal protection devices [PPD] is high, improper use does not abate the risk of personal injury. Such losses are not budgeted, and ultimately result in investor dissatisfaction." Should I remove this from my resume'?
PPD?
Do you really need to introduce another acronym on this site? :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
PPD?
Do you really need to introduce another acronym on this site? :wink:

In our animal facility, there are signs up on many of the room doors, "PPE Required." It took me a long time to figure out they meant Personal Protective Equipment. I knew to wear it, just didn't know what their acronym meant.

1. What does the phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" mean?

The phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" is an expression used to convey that someone is alive and doing well, despite any challenges or setbacks they may have faced. It can also be interpreted as a reminder to appreciate and be grateful for one's life.

2. Where did the phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" originate from?

The phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" has been used in various forms since the 19th century, but its exact origin is unknown. It is believed to have evolved from the expression "alive and kicking," which was used to describe a healthy and active person.

3. Is there a deeper meaning behind the phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway"?

The phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" is often used as a reminder to stay positive and resilient in the face of adversity. It can also be seen as a celebration of life and the resilience of the human spirit.

4. Can the phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" be applied to scientific concepts?

While the phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" is typically used in a figurative sense, it can also be applied to scientific concepts. For example, it can be used to describe the survival and adaptability of a species in a changing environment.

5. How can the phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" be used in everyday life?

The phrase "alive and kicking, well alive anyway" can be used as a positive affirmation to remind oneself to stay resilient and grateful for life. It can also be used to encourage and uplift others who may be going through difficult times.