Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Angular momentum in electric field and magnetic field

1. Jan 30, 2009 #1
    I am just wondering why there are no references and articles talking about the conservation of angular momentum in electric field and/or magnetic field! does any body has any thing to help me because am a phd student and looking for that subject for my research.
    thank all
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2009 #2
    What have you been looking for? It kind of sounds like you are asking about the energy density, Poynting vector, and stress energy tensor relationships.
  4. Jan 31, 2009 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Erm... angular momentum is not generally conserved in an electric field.
  5. Jan 31, 2009 #4
    There are plenty of articles...
    As Peeter implied, its is quite a broad subject.

It appears from your other posts you are doing a Jackson problem to 'prove AM conservation in Electric field'.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  6. Feb 1, 2009 #5
    actully i am working on prepaper about that subject and i found maybe jakson problem will be a good start point for me..
  7. Feb 1, 2009 #6
    thank you so much for your pleasent suggestion,,but unfortunatly i've already written the abstract to my proffesor! but your experiment indeed interesting.
    thank you
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?