Angular momentum in electric field and magnetic field

freehuman79
I am just wondering why there are no references and articles talking about the conservation of angular momentum in electric field and/or magnetic field! does anybody has any thing to help me because am a phd student and looking for that subject for my research.
thank all

Answers and Replies

Peeter
What have you been looking for? It kind of sounds like you are asking about the energy density, Poynting vector, and stress energy tensor relationships.

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am just wondering why there are no references and articles talking about the conservation of angular momentum in electric field and/or magnetic field! does anybody has any thing to help me because am a phd student and looking for that subject for my research.
thank all
Erm... angular momentum is not generally conserved in an electric field.

Creator
thank all

There are plenty of articles...
As Peeter implied, its is quite a broad subject.

It appears from your other posts you are doing a Jackson problem to 'prove AM conservation in Electric field'.

Last edited:
freehuman79
actully i am working on prepaper about that subject and i found maybe jakson problem will be a good start point for me..
regards

freehuman79
thank you so much for your pleasent suggestion,,but unfortunatly I've already written the abstract to my proffesor! but your experiment indeed interesting.
thank you

Suggested for: Angular momentum in electric field and magnetic field

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post