Animal Abuse: Is Tastier or Medicinal Meat the Motive?

• Thread starter stoned
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animal
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of animal abuse, particularly the practice of skinning animals alive for fur and food. The participants express their disgust and disbelief towards this behavior and question the justification behind it. They also mention the negative effects on the taste and quality of the meat when animals are tortured. The conversation concludes with a mention of the cultural differences and beliefs that may contribute to this practice.
stoned
While surfing web I have stumbled on a few video clips showing animal abuse, one was showing racoon type animal being skinned alive ,and the other was about snakes skinned alive too.
My question is: do those people think that meat of this animal is more tasty and "medicinal"? WTF ?? :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Well,that's a weird towards abnormal behavior by you.What were you doing "stumbling" on such stuff...?:wink:

Daniel.

:yuck: viewing photos of abuse either human or animal ..just makes me sick.

dextercioby said:
Hypatia,then why do you do it?

Daniel.

Touché.

*10CHAR*

I don't, but its hard to avoid. Your watching movie on TV when BAM...child {view of child wraped in blanket not moving}is burned by father...updates at 10 o'colck.
Animal planet..my favorit show Thats my Baby...cute newborn babies...BLAM...Puppy used as bait for pit bull{shows puppy ripped to shreds}...watch animal ER tonight!

stoned said:
While surfing web I have stumbled on a few video clips showing animal abuse, one was showing racoon type animal being skinned alive ,and the other was about snakes skinned alive too.
My question is: do those people think that meat of this animal is more tasty and "medicinal"? WTF ?? :frown:
I've been trying to figure out why they skin the animals alive for their fur and so far all I have found is that apearantly when you kill a dog it's fur immediately begins to fall out so they skin it alive so that the pelt will retain the fur. I'm not sure if the same goes for other animals or not though.

hypatia said:
I don't, but its hard to avoid. Your watching movie on TV when BAM...child {view of child wraped in blanket not moving}is burned by father...updates at 10 o'colck.
Animal planet..my favorit show Thats my Baby...cute newborn babies...BLAM...Puppy used as bait for pit bull{shows puppy ripped to shreds}...watch animal ER tonight!

You know,there are a lotta sick,i mean really sick people,out there,but that still doesn't justify unability of avoiding...I mean on the internet,u'd have no excuse;as for the damn journalists which seek the sensational,mayble they all should get captured in Irak and beaheaded before a digital webcamera...That would be really sensational.

Daniel.

I wont, thank you

can't open that link,show me what you got there,i'm ready man !

TheStatutoryApe said:
apearantly when you kill a dog it's fur immediately begins to fall out so they skin it alive so that the pelt will retain the fur. I'm not sure if the same goes for other animals or not though.
I find this hard to believe, although I am no biologist.
If you don't kill the dog before the pelt is removed, the pelt and the dog dies anyway. There's nothing you can do to keep a dead pelt from shedding hair, AFAIK.

And for people who think the meat tastes better when the animal is tortured, they couldn't be more wrong, as when the animal is tortured, stress hormones is released into the blood, which, quite frankly, make the meat taste like stale urine. :yuck:

Reindeer meat is common in the north of Scandinavia, and when the natives slaughter animals for personal use, they make sure the animals are in no stress or pain, so they do the slaughtering in the wild. Only problem is that the health department won't allow it commercially, so they have to send the reindeer in trucks to slaughter houses, and the reindeer are stressed in the process, which makes it taste bad. Luckily my mother has contacts, so she can get the good meat. And by the way, it is probably healthier to slaughter the animals in the wild than to bring them to a place with potentially rotten gunk lying around. :yuck:

Anyway, I guess the sick people who are into animal torturing are making up all kinds of lame excuses for what they're doing. I say put them in cages, no matter how 'cultural' it is. Ethics should go before tradition. Period.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen to any animal including a dog.
Maybe if you left it for a couple of days or so, but it definitely wouldn't be instantaneous.
There are a lot of dogs that continuously shed hair though.

gschjetne said:
I find this hard to believe, although I am no biologist.
If you don't kill the dog before the pelt is removed, the pelt and the dog dies anyway. There's nothing you can do to keep a dead pelt from shedding hair, AFAIK.

And for people who think the meat tastes better when the animal is tortured, they couldn't be more wrong, as when the animal is tortured, stress hormones is released into the blood, which, quite frankly, make the meat taste like stale urine. :yuck:

I have to agree with you on this. If an animal lives under stress or illness, their fur is usually the first to show it (long periods of elevated stress hormones lead to hair loss...sorry guys, not the male pattern baldness variety). People who raise animals for their fur, if they are reputable, know they get the best quality pelts by keeping the animals very comfortable and unstressed.

Even if you could get a better pelt skinning an animal alive, it is still torture and is unacceptable. If you see sites showing such torture, you should report them.

gschjetne said:

apparently some animals are being skinned alive for food( snakes etc.) in far east,those people must like this taste and some even believe it helps men sexually.

1. What is considered animal abuse in the meat industry?

Animal abuse in the meat industry can include any actions that cause harm or suffering to animals, such as confinement, overcrowding, physical abuse, and neglect.

2. Is tastier or medicinal meat the main motive for animal abuse?

The main motive for animal abuse in the meat industry is profit. While some may argue that tastier or medicinal meat is a factor, the primary goal is to produce and sell meat for financial gain.

3. How does animal abuse affect the quality of meat?

Animal abuse can have a negative impact on the quality of meat. Animals that are stressed, injured, or sick may produce lower quality meat, and the use of antibiotics or other medications can also affect the taste and safety of the meat.

4. Are there any regulations or laws in place to prevent animal abuse in the meat industry?

There are regulations and laws in place to protect animals in the meat industry, such as the Animal Welfare Act and the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act. However, enforcement and monitoring of these laws can vary and there have been instances of animal abuse in the industry.

5. How can consumers make informed choices to prevent animal abuse in the meat industry?

Consumers can make informed choices by researching and choosing products from companies that have transparent and ethical practices. They can also reduce their consumption of meat or choose alternative sources of protein, such as plant-based options.