Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!

In summary: Yep, you heard that right. Animal haters thread. This is not to be confused with the insect (protostome) haters thead, which several of my, well, anyway...
DiracPool
Yep, you heard that right. Animal haters thread. This is not to be confused with the insect (protostome) haters thead, which several of my, well, anyway...

My beef is with the coming spring/sumer season, where all these &*%$#@*& dog owners like to let their noisy dogs disturb my concentrating on solving the TOE! Helloo!

You can't imagine how this infuraites me. I hate dogs, I hate dog owners, and I especially hate dog LOVERS! Am I alone?

Physics news on Phys.org
Be nice. The only time that Duke will bark is when he sees something out of place, or he sees a new potential friend(usually human) and wants to meet-up.

An older lady that lived here called him the "neighborhood" watch-dog.

I like other people's dogs OK. But after owning 30+ years of dog after dog after dog, I'm not enthusiastic about getting another one. This will probably change in time.

But people who are dog-crazy, who talk talk talk about all the silly/goofy/naughty/brilliant things their doggies do...yeah, that can get tiresome.

I like all animals when they're in the wild away from me. I don't think anyone should go out there and shoot them. But I'm coming close to shooting some geese. Those things are the most annoying animals ever. They poop everywhere. They get into loud arguments with each other and sound horrible. They WALK... SLOWLY across roads in a line... even though they can fly. What an awful creature.

DiracPool said:
I hate dogs, I hate dog owners, and I especially hate dog LOVERS!

You hate somebody just for owning a dog??

I only hate people for hurting me intentionally or for hurting somebody I like. But I must be old school...

I would rather spend all eternity with dogs than spend more than a week holed up with a human :wink: Animals don't know any better. On the other hand when my neighbors used to bicker all the time at the top of their voices I felt like burning down the entire street.

WannabeNewton said:
I would rather spend all eternity with dogs

That would be animal cruelty...

micromass said:
That's it. Now I'm never doing Reed. Stewart > every functional analysis book ever made.

WannabeNewton said:
That's it. Now I'm never doing Reed. Stewart > every functional analysis book ever made.

I'm going to replace all your Led Zeppelin music with Justin Bieber.

WannabeNewton said:
So you hate all math lovers? :biggrin:

micromass said:
I'm going to replace all your Led Zeppelin music with Justin Bieber.
Too far man, too far. Now I'm going to spam your facebook with the word module over and over.

dlgoff said:
So you hate all math lovers? :biggrin:
I do now thanks to micro!

Bieber > Stewart or Stewart > Bieber ?

atyy said:
Bieber > Stewart or Stewart > Bieber ?

They are both minimal elements.

I hate dogs, I hate dog owners, and I especially hate dog LOVERS! Am I alone?

Nopes. I hate how dog owners show smugness similar to mac owners. I love street dogs, though. BTW, I'm against owning any pets and turning a place into freaking Animal Planet show.

DiracPool said:
My beef is with the coming spring/sumer season, where all these &*%$#@*& dog owners like to let their noisy dogs disturb my concentrating on solving the TOE! Helloo!
I very much like to walk. I happen to live in a neighborhood where just about every house is "protected" by some near-rabid canine who thinks no one should be walking past the front of their territory. Pedestrians are snarled and barked, and chased the length of the front fence until the torch is passed onto the next growling mongrel in the next house. The noise is sometimes unbelievable.

If someone doesn't train the dog to know the difference between when it's useful to bark and when it isn't, you're looking at thousands of false alarms for every good one. I think most of these people end up tuning their dog's bark completely out.

I very much like to walk. I happen to live in a neighborhood where just about every house is "protected" by some near-rabid canine who thinks no one should be walking past the front of their territory. Pedestrians are snarled and barked, and chased the length of the front fence until the torch is passed onto the next growling mongrel in the next house. The noise is sometimes unbelievable.

Yes, I believe Zooby's got it right. I don't walk, but jog around my neighborhood, with my cool Brooks "beast" running shoes...Well anyway..I start my jog by walking for about half a mile and Zooby's right, these dogs will meet you at one end of the property, and let you know just how much they like you until you reach the end of the fence, just to be "picked up" by the next salubrious canine.

Back at home...its the unpredicatability of the barking that gets to me. Everything could be quiet for a while and then all of a sudden there's a violent volley of barking that startles you. I don't want to be startled while listening to Leonard Susskind vainly try to educate continuing education students on what Christoffel symbols are. Sorry, call me sensitive.

In any case, this thread isn't just about dogs, I hate sharks too. Yes, I know they are one of the most successful and long lived vertebrates on the planet, but they are not "man's best friend" as the beloved canine ostensibly seems to be. Just ask the boys from the USS Indianapolis, my experience surfing on Oahu’s west coast Makaha breaks, or this poor guy from New Zealand who just wanted to go out for a morning swim before he went home and used his Jack LaLane juicer.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/world/asia/new-zealand-shark-attack

DiracPool said:
In any case, this thread isn't just about dogs, I hate sharks too.
You may not have met the right shark. Thresher Shark, fried in butter with a twist of lemon, is a truly great shark.

zoobyshoe said:
You may not have met the right shark. Thresher Shark, fried in butter with a twist of lemon, is a truly great shark.

Good one Zooby, that reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the aliens come down with a handbook entitled, "How to serve humans." Remember that one...

DiracPool said:
Good one Zooby, that reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the aliens come down with a handbook entitled, "How to serve humans." Remember that one...
"To Serve Man," was the title. Had nothing to do with sharks.

Aliens are unpalatable however you cook them. Such is the scuttlebutt here at Area 51.

I only hate it when boneheaded owners don't properly train their dogs which, I will admit, happens far too often. I don't really see a reason to hate a well-trained dog, though. Then again, stuff like this usually doesn't bother me.

zoobyshoe said:
"To Serve Man," was the title. Had nothing to do with sharks.

Aliens are unpalatable however you cook them. Such is the scuttlebutt here at Area 51.

Yes, "To serve man." This a good opportunity to show how the political correctness of the age can "morphomy" your thought processes. The editors of scholarly journals will typically not let you use the word "man" in your manuscript when referring to Homo Sapiens. Therefore, I am used to using the word "human" whereas in my earlier years I may have used the word "man" just because that was conventionally used for eons prior. Today, Jacob Bronowski could not have gotten away with entitling his series "ascent of man". He would have had to call it "ascent of humans".

micromass said:

:rofl:

HeLiXe said:
No! Bad HeLiXe! Don't encourage the bad bad man.

*wags tail* :biggrin:

DiracPool said:
Yep, you heard that right. Animal haters thread. This is not to be confused with the insect (protostome) haters thead, which several of my, well, anyway...

You can't imagine how this infuraites me. I hate dogs, I hate dog owners, and I especially hate dog LOVERS! Am I alone?

I recently got a pet, so I have a pet dog for the first time in my life. I have never hated animals, but found it quite annoying when dog owners would let their dog poop in my yard and not clean it up. I also hate when their dogs run up to me barking and there is no owner in sight. Having a dog now I sort of understand their laziness a little better. It is more work to pick up poop around the yard, it is more work to keep your dog off of other peoples yard, and it is so inconvenient to go outside with the dog every time they need to poop or pee when you do not have a fence BUT being a good dog owner requires you to do these things and more as necessary.

HeLiXe said:
I recently got a pet, so I have a pet dog for the first time in my life. I have never hated animals, but found it quite annoying when dog owners would let their dog poop in my yard and not clean it up. I also hate when their dogs run up to me barking and there is no owner in sight. Having a dog now I sort of understand their laziness a little better. It is more work to pick up poop around the yard, it is more work to keep your dog off of other peoples yard, and it is so inconvenient to go outside with the dog every time they need to poop or pee when you do not have a fence BUT being a good dog owner requires you to do these things and more as necessary.

Yeah right, it really has nothing to do with the dog but the dog owner. Letting your dog out in the yard to create a continuous cacophony is akin to throwing projectile vomit on your neighbors back porch. I had this one neighbor I was ready to take to court he was so inconsiderate of other peoples peace. I took a video of his "attack dogs" and had my attorney prepare to smoke him. Here in WA state, the law is that you need 3 nieghbors to file a report before yo can pursue litigation, which I had. I think he got wind of my protocol because he shut those dogs up quick once he saw me out in the yard with my camcorder. I read somewhere to post these videos on youtube to shame the inconsiderate dog owner, but it never got to that point.

This reminds me of when I was in a third world country recently. The first night really required some adjustment on my part because all I could hear all night were numerous dogs barking and roosters crowing. Lol @ cacophony by the way.

HeLiXe said:
This reminds me of when I was in a third world country recently. The first night really required some adjustment on my part because all I could hear all night were numerous dogs barking and roosters crowing.

Lol @ cacophony by the way.

Yeah. I love all animals, but roosters suck. They should all be blasted, fried and served with a buttery biscuit...until sweet buttery extinction.

And yeah, double-LOL at cacophony.

Saladsamurai said:
Yeah. I love all animals, but roosters suck. They should all be blasted, fried and served with a buttery biscuit...until sweet buttery extinction.

zoobyshoe said:

If someone doesn't train the dog to know the difference between when it's useful to bark and when it isn't, you're looking at thousands of false alarms for every good one. I think most of these people end up tuning their dog's bark completely out.

I like to walk too. And cacophonous canines are the reason I wear noise-cancelling headphones and listen to metal throughout my walk. Not even Cujo can overcome the din of Anaal Nathrakh. :devil:

DiracPool said:

When I was about age ten, our neighbor had a Chihuahua that drove me nuts! That stupid dog was constantly yapping. I swore I would never have a dog like that. Many years later my wife and I took in this small beagle mix that I nearly hit on the highway. She was a very loving dog, but as fate would have it she was just as loud and obnoxious as that yappy thing that drove me nuts as a kid.

The fact is that it's all but impossible to control the yapping with an outdoor dog. About the only recourse is to either have their vocal cords severed, or to use acollar that shocks the dog whenever it barks, both of which I think are cruel. So, what to do? I used to tell my wife, "If I was our neighbor, I would kill our dog!". :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
When I was about age ten, our neighbor had a Chihuahua that drove me nuts! That stupid dog was constantly yapping. I swore I would never have a dog like that. Many years later my wife and I took in this small beagle mix that I nearly hit on the highway. She was a very loving dog, but as fate would have it she was just as loud and obnoxious as that yappy thing that drove me nuts as a kid.

The fact is that it's all but impossible to control the yapping with an outdoor dog. About the only recourse is to either have their vocal cords severed, or to use acollar that shocks the dog whenever it barks, both of which I think are cruel. So, what to do? I used to tell my wife, "If I was our neighbor, I would kill our dog!". :biggrin:

Get a cat. /end thread.

zoobyshoe said:
I very much like to walk. I happen to live in a neighborhood where just about every house is "protected" by some near-rabid canine who thinks no one should be walking past the front of their territory. [...]
I was once minding my own business strolling along the sidewalk, and didn't realize there were 2 dogs hiding in wait for me behind a picket fence just ahead. As soon as I got in front of that fence they both let off a sudden blast of howls -- less than 1m from me. Almost had a heart attack and it made me so angry.

Fortunately, it was a street I don't often go to but I decided that if the dogs did that to me again next time, I'd take drastic retaliation. Fortunately, the next time (several months later) they were gone.

These days, if I'm going someplace where dogs are likely, I take a little ultrasonic device in my pocket. If a dog runs towards me, I look it straight in the eye (a threat, in dog language) and as it gets close I press the button in my pocket without it being obvious. Scares the dog sh*tless! So gratifying, though it makes any humans around me think I must be the antichrist. :devil:

I ended up mounting an ultrasonic device on the side of my wall (facing the neighbours), and modified the internal circuitry so I could turn it on and off by RF remote control from anywhere in my house. After that, if the dog starting barking while I was in bed, it was easy to give it a blast remotely. (I believe such remote control devices are not available commercially.)

Works even better when the dog runs toward me barking its head off in challenge. They just turn tail and run. :biggrin:
If someone doesn't train the dog to know the difference between when it's useful to bark and when it isn't, [...]
Yes, and most dog owners (istm) have no clue what a pest the dog becomes when they leave it alone in the backyard all day while they're at work/school/whatever. The dog owners around me are absolutely incompetent at dog training. They actually try to talk to the dog in human-like language, instead of a small set of 1-word commands, heavily reinforced.

strangerep said:
These days, if I'm going someplace where dogs are likely, I take a little ultrasonic device in my pocket. If a dog runs towards me, I look it straight in the eye (a threat, in dog language) and as it gets close I press the button in my pocket without it being obvious. Scares the dog sh*tless! So gratifying, though it makes any humans around me think I must be the antichrist. :devil:
Got a link to one of these? Sounds like what I need.

<h2>What is "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?</h2><p>"Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!" is a platform where individuals can express their frustrations and concerns about animal cruelty and advocate for animal rights.</p><h2>Why is it important to address animal haters?</h2><p>Animal haters contribute to the ongoing issue of animal cruelty and neglect. By addressing their views and educating them, we can work towards creating a more compassionate and humane society for animals.</p><h2>How can I participate in "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?</h2><p>You can participate by sharing your thoughts and experiences with animal haters, educating others about animal rights and welfare, and supporting organizations that work towards protecting animals.</p><h2>What can I do to help stop animal cruelty?</h2><p>There are many ways to help stop animal cruelty, such as adopting a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, reporting cases of animal abuse, supporting animal rights organizations, and educating others about the importance of treating animals with compassion and respect.</p><h2>What are some common misconceptions about animal haters?</h2><p>Some common misconceptions about animal haters include the belief that they are all inherently cruel and lack empathy, when in reality, many may simply be unaware of the impact of their actions or have been influenced by societal norms. It's important to address these misconceptions and have open and respectful discussions with animal haters to promote understanding and change.</p>

What is "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?

"Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!" is a platform where individuals can express their frustrations and concerns about animal cruelty and advocate for animal rights.

Why is it important to address animal haters?

Animal haters contribute to the ongoing issue of animal cruelty and neglect. By addressing their views and educating them, we can work towards creating a more compassionate and humane society for animals.

How can I participate in "Animal Haters Unite - Vent Your Frustration Here!"?

You can participate by sharing your thoughts and experiences with animal haters, educating others about animal rights and welfare, and supporting organizations that work towards protecting animals.

What can I do to help stop animal cruelty?

There are many ways to help stop animal cruelty, such as adopting a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, reporting cases of animal abuse, supporting animal rights organizations, and educating others about the importance of treating animals with compassion and respect.

What are some common misconceptions about animal haters?

Some common misconceptions about animal haters include the belief that they are all inherently cruel and lack empathy, when in reality, many may simply be unaware of the impact of their actions or have been influenced by societal norms. It's important to address these misconceptions and have open and respectful discussions with animal haters to promote understanding and change.

Back