Cool Read: Future Generations Scorn and Contempt

• News
  • Thread starter revelator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary, the two conversations discuss the possibility of an energy crisis and the potential consequences for future generations. The first source, a "letter," expresses the belief that future generations will view the current generation with disdain for not taking action to prevent the crisis. The second source, a website, discusses the idea of "peak oil" and the potential for a collapse of civilization. The speaker is concerned about the negativity towards modern society and the possible role of environmentalists in promoting it. They also mention that the current generation will likely be held responsible for any catastrophic consequences.
revelator
I realize this has no factual value, but i thought it was a cool read nonetheless.

http://www.museletter.com/archive/110.html

One things I can agree with from this "letter", is that I am sure future generations will have nothing but scorn and contempt for those who live today.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's another site talking about a possible energy crisis.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
revelator said:
One things I can agree with from this "letter", is that I am sure future generations will have nothing but scorn and contempt for those who live today.
Its long, so I only skimmed it, but I have some major issues with it. In any case, why are you sure future generations will have nothing but scorn and contempt for those who live today?

Last edited:
revelator said:
Here's another site talking about a possible energy crisis.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
If your point here is about "peak oil," its a pretty biased view and its implications amount to little more than a conspiracy theory.

Also, I am highly disturbed by the implication I'm seeing from a lot of "environmentalists" that and end to civilization as we know it would be a good thing. These are the things terrorists are made of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its long, so I only skimmed it, but I have some major issues with it. In any case, why are you sure future generations will have nothing but scorn and contempt for those who live today?

In the event that there is an energy crisis, that leads to a catastrophe. I believe it'll be this generation at whom the majority of blame will be directed. We're smart enough to know better.

1. What is the main message of "Cool Read: Future Generations Scorn and Contempt"?

The main message of "Cool Read: Future Generations Scorn and Contempt" is to raise awareness about the potential consequences of our actions on future generations and the importance of making sustainable choices.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for this book is anyone who is interested in environmental issues and the impact of human behavior on the planet.

3. How does the author support their argument in the book?

The author supports their argument by using scientific evidence and real-world examples to illustrate the potential consequences of our actions on future generations.

4. What solutions does the book offer to address these issues?

The book offers various solutions such as promoting sustainable living, reducing carbon footprint, and advocating for policies that prioritize the well-being of future generations.

5. What makes this book unique compared to other books on the topic?

This book stands out because it takes a thought-provoking and critical approach to discussing environmental issues and their impact on future generations. It also offers practical solutions and encourages readers to take action towards creating a better future for all.