Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Another cool read

1. Nov 12, 2004 #1
    I realize this has no factual value, but i thought it was a cool read nonetheless.

http://www.museletter.com/archive/110.html

One things I can agree with from this "letter", is that I am sure future generations will have nothing but scorn and contempt for those who live today.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2004 #2
  4. Nov 13, 2004 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Its long, so I only skimmed it, but I have some major issues with it. In any case, why are you sure future generations will have nothing but scorn and contempt for those who live today?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  5. Nov 13, 2004 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

If your point here is about "peak oil," its a pretty biased view and its implications ammount to little more than a conspiracy theory.

Also, I am highly disturbed by the implication I'm seeing from a lot of "environmentalists" that and end to civilization as we know it would be a good thing. These are the things terrorists are made of.

6. Nov 14, 2004 #5
    In the event that there is an energy crisis, that leads to a catastrophe. I believe it'll be this generation at whom the majority of blame will be directed. We're smart enough to know better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?