ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation

1. Dear All,

I have been trying to calculate the bending moment redistribution on continuous, steel fiber reinforced, beams.

The idea is simple, introducing to the ANSYS model elements, with lowered E-modulus, according always to the evolution of the cracking observed on the actual tests.

I tried initially with solid 65 and a 3-d model but this material is not compatible with the bending moment (BM) calculation by ANSYS.

I then created a model with BEAM3 element and obtained the BM diagram (Line element solution).

Here comes the tricky part: when i implement new elements with reduced e-modulus i get the same BM-graph. That is obviously not correct since my beam is a continuous supported beam and thus a moment redistribution must be noticed. (Of course I updated my element table after the 'solve>current LS').

What can I do? How can I make it work?

The best,

DSav

2. jcsd
  3. For that type of problem, you should contact your ANSYS re-sellers help desk. Make sure you have your customer ID number.

Thanks
    Matt

4. Thanks Matt!

I did. But I thought it was a problem that many more would have dealt with.

DSav

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?