Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation

1. Jun 8, 2011 #1
    Dear All,

I have been trying to calculate the bending moment redistribution on continuous, steel fiber reinforced, beams.

The idea is simple, introducing to the ANSYS model elements, with lowered E-modulus, according always to the evolution of the cracking observed on the actual tests.

I tried initially with solid 65 and a 3-d model but this material is not compatible with the bending moment (BM) calculation by ANSYS.

I then created a model with BEAM3 element and obtained the BM diagram (Line element solution).

Here comes the tricky part: when i implement new elements with reduced e-modulus i get the same BM-graph. That is obviously not correct since my beam is a continuous supported beam and thus a moment redistribution must be noticed. (Of course I updated my element table after the 'solve>current LS').

What can I do? How can I make it work?

The best,

DSav

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2011 #2
    For that type of problem, you should contact your ANSYS re-sellers help desk. Make sure you have your customer ID number.

Thanks
    Matt

4. Jun 9, 2011 #3
    Thanks Matt!

I did. But I thought it was a problem that many more would have dealt with.

DSav

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?