Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi Everyone
i'm new member of Physics Forums, my research field is about Switched Reluctance Motors
i have question about Optimetrics in Maxwell!
my question is:
How can Optimize Design Parameters ( like Outer and inner Diameter of Stator and Rotor or Embrace of them) of a Switched Reluctance Motor in Optimetrics with a GA Algorithm?
i design a SRM with analytical Formula, and now i want optimize my design in Optimetrics!
Please Guide me about parts of this Option (Optimiation) of Maxwell
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

I think if you can parameterise it, you can change it with optimetrics. For example you would give your rotor diameter a variable name during building the model, then any dimensions that are dependent on that would have equations, eg if you make it depend on rotor diameter, then stator ID would be "rotor_diameter+air_gap" etc.

I'm not sure on the specifics of exactly how you woudl do this, but I'd just ask your Ansys rep, they are usually more than helpful with such things.

ok , its true, but i have a problem with Convergance of GA Algorythms , my Optimetric doesn't converge! i parameterise SRM design parameters and specify condition but GA doesn't Converge! what is the problem of my work? Do you have example about this to send me?