Anyone can help with this proof please?

• Thread starter MDTulip
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, the conversation was about a complicated mathematical expression and the person seeking help was looking for tips on how to prove it. They were advised to try multiplying everything out and using Mathematica. Eventually, they found the solution and asked for help deleting the question, but were encouraged not to do so as others may benefit from reading the conversation.
MDTulip
((1+R)〖(-4+R^2)〗^2)/(4〖(6+4R+B^2 R-5R^2-R^3+R^4+B(-2+R+R^2))〗^2 )-((1+γ)〖(-4+γ^2)〗^2)/(9〖(6+4γ+β^2 γ-5γ^2-γ^3+γ^4+β(-2+γ+γ^2))〗^2 )>0, where 0 < γ < R < 1, 0 < β < B < 1.

If you can give me some hints about proving it directly, that will be great. Or, Proving it with Mathematica is also ok. For example, I want to use the MinValue function. If the minimum value of the left is positive, then it is proven. But how to write the input with the constraint? So if you are familiar with Mathematica, please help!

I really appreciate your time and help.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
That's an insanely long expression. My best advice would be to multiply everything out and see if you get some kind of cancellation. If that doesn't work, you could try mathematica.

Yes it is insanely long. The first part and the second part actually share the same function except that the veriables in the first part are R and B, while in the second part are Beta and r. I cannot just multiply everything because there is a division in both parts. :-(

Okay, let me simlify the expression of my question this way:

Let A =(1+R)〖(-4+R^2)〗^2
B =〖(6+4R+B^2 R-5R^2-R^3+R^4+B(R^2+R-2))〗^2
C =(1+γ)〖(-4+γ^2)〗^2)
D =〖(6+4γ+β^2 γ-5γ^2-γ^3+γ^4+β(γ^2+γ-2))〗^2 )
I want to prove that A /4B - C /9D > 0, given 0 < γ < R < 1, 0 < β < B < 1.

Thanks!

gb7nash said:
That's an insanely long expression. My best advice would be to multiply everything out and see if you get some kind of cancellation. If that doesn't work, you could try mathematica.

Ok, I have found the solution. Do not know how to delete here. Please help me delete the question. Thanks.

Don't delete the question! Why would you do that?

People browse these forums all the time soaking up knowledge. Why would you delete it?

What is the proof about?

The proof is about a specific mathematical or scientific problem that requires a solution.

What kind of help is needed?

The specific type of help needed may vary, but it could include reviewing the proof, providing feedback or suggestions, or offering a different perspective on the problem.

Who can help with this proof?

Anyone with knowledge and expertise in the relevant field can potentially contribute to the proof.

Is there a deadline for completing the proof?

This depends on the individual posting the request and their specific needs. Some may need a quick response, while others may have a more flexible timeline.

How can I contribute to the proof?

If you have relevant knowledge or expertise, you can offer your help by providing feedback, suggestions, or your own solution to the problem. You can also share resources or references that may be helpful in solving the proof.