Anyone going to see Munich? (movie)

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary: I'll take you to the movie.In summary, It looks pretty neat! I'm already hearing people say its inaccurate as hell but oh well!
Pengwuino
Gold Member
It looks pretty neat! I'm already hearing people say its inaccurate as hell but oh well!

Now the problem is... who the heck can I take to this movie? I mean its pretty much about a bunch of assassinations and i can't figure out any girl who would think "wooo assassinations and middle east politics, sweet". Damn it all!

I also find it funny that this is "Speilbergs masterpiece". Don't they claim every single movie he makes is "Speilbergs masterpiece"? This guy isn't De Vinci...

And John Williams is doing the score! That's all the convincing I need.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I like Spielberg. My two favorite films of his would have to be ofcourse,
Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List; The two films can be used as a reminder to the Human Civilization.

The thing about Steven Spielberg is that his work as a director can be apparent in all of his films. In my opinion you can spot a spielberg film just by watching it while you never knew who the director was to begin with. Spielberg knows what he wants, and I think this might restrict actors into being an actor and doing some genius improv.

Now I said that a long time ago in my head(because I really like to delve into filming and theatre and acting in general. It's kind of hobby for me. Hell I've even attempted writing a movie script). Then when I looked at this trivia about the filming of Saving Private Ryan(Spoilers about the film, don't continue reading if you havn't seen SPR) I read about the part when Private Ryan(Matt Damon) talks to Tom Hanks while there waiting for the german forces to enter the town with the bridge. Anyways, Matt Damon starts talking about this ugly girl friend his brother had and how some how they caught the barn on fire and all of this. It turns out that, that was all ADLIBBED by Matt Damon. If you ever watch that scene again it's absolutely brilliant. Spielberg liked the Adlib so much he kept it in the film. So I was wrong about Actors being restricted to doing some improvisation and adlibs in Spielbergs films. But you still get a sense of Spielberg in his films.

Obviously, when you watch many films from the same director; you'll find specific idiosyncracies in their films that kind of tell you that the film was directed by that particular director.

I do plan on seeing Munich, and I'm sure there are some ladies out there that will enjoy a good political thriller.

Last edited:
zeronem said:
I do plan on seeing Munich, and I'm sure there are some ladies out there that will enjoy a good political thriller.

None that I know of! The only person I bet that would be interestd would probably march out when the first person gets killed.

Spielberg's all right, he's got a few good movies and a ton of crap I wouldent want to watch on tv for free. This movie looks like one of the good ones though.

They call everything "masterpieces" and so forth nowadays. It's virtually meaningless anymore it seems.

And Penguin you need to move down this way. I know all sorts of ladies that would love to go see this movie. In fact I just met a girl in a dive bar the other night that talked politics with me all night long. I'm supposed to give her a call when she gets back from Boston so maybe I'll take her to see that movie.

Oh yah like I am going down to southern california... :P

Pengwuino said:
None that I know of! The only person I bet that would be interestd would probably march out when the first person gets killed.
You could take me, but you'd have to buy my plane ticket to CA first. :biggrin: You need to expand your circle of female friends if you honestly can't think of a single one who would join you to see this movie.

Moonbear said:
You could take me, but you'd have to buy my plane ticket to CA first. :biggrin: You need to expand your circle of female friends if you honestly can't think of a single one who would join you to see this movie.

If i ever knew of a girl who would enjoy a movie that is seemingly about 15 people getting assassinated with big explosions and guns, i would have married her b now.

...ill marry you...i mean...err ..umm...please?

Pengwuino said:
If i ever knew of a girl who would enjoy a movie that is seemingly about 15 people getting assassinated with big explosions and guns, i would have married her b now.
I found one. She even told me that she wanted to go see Aliens vs. Predator! Too bad she dumped me.:frown:
Seriously, come down here. You'll be married in no time lol.
And what's with these weird overly girly desert wenches where you live?

TheStatutoryApe said:
And what's with these weird overly girly desert wenches where you live?

I'm not really sure... everyone either has no interest at all in politics or is one of those fanatics that attends rallys and protests but can't deal with reality when someone gets popped on screen. Not much inbetween haha.

Pengwuino said:
but can't deal with reality when someone gets popped on screen.
:rofl: Um, Pengwuino, you do know the movies aren't real, right? They're just actors with lots of fake blood. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Um, Pengwuino, you do know the movies aren't real, right? They're just actors with lots of fake blood. :biggrin:

They can't even deal with the fact that it just represents people dieing :tongue2:

Go for the ladies who are majoring in Drama aka Theatre. They'll watch anything.

zeronem said:
Go for the ladies who are majoring in Drama aka Theatre. They'll watch anything.

There the freaks who are usually incapable of dealing with someone being shot on screen!

Pengwuino said:
There the freaks who are usually incapable of dealing with someone being shot on screen!

You serious?!?

Where do you live? You don't live in one of those towns with population of about 500 do you?

That's freaky. I mean I'm majoring in Theatre and all the ladies are cute, and part of majoring in drama consists of watching some really crazy plays. Like there's this one play called the Sweeny Todd: The Murderous Barber of Fleet Street which is a musical drama that has a lot of killing in it.

I hate this city...

zeronem said:
You serious?!?
Where do you live? You don't live in one of those towns with population of about 500 do you?
That's freaky. I mean I'm majoring in Theatre and all the ladies are cute, and part of majoring in drama consists of watching some really crazy plays. Like there's this one play called the Sweeny Todd: The Murderous Barber of Fleet Street which is a musical drama that has a lot of killing in it.
I loved that musical. If only I had known about such musicals long ago before I grew a distaste for them because of Rogers & Hammerstien.

Pengwuino said:
I hate this STATE....

Fixed it

Move to Arizona, it's not far away...

Well supposedly there's hot chicks who like explosion-based movies... so the whole state can't be that bad!

Pengwuino said:
Well supposedly there's hot chicks who like explosion-based movies... so the whole state can't be that bad!

I don't believe it. If there is, she hasn't lived in California for more than a few weeks.

moose said:
I don't believe it. If there is, she hasn't lived in California for more than a few weeks.

Actually i knew this girl and her sister who both fit the bill and were all around incredibly people... and were from california... so i assume they were actually english spies...

Pengwuino said:
Actually i knew this girl and her sister who both fit the bill and were all around incredibly people... and were from california... so i assume they were actually english spies...

You didn't marry any of them? Or at least stalk them indefinitely?

1. What is the plot of Munich?

The movie follows the story of a group of Israeli Mossad agents who are sent to track down and assassinate the Palestinian terrorists responsible for the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.

2. Is Munich based on a true story?

Yes, the movie is based on the real-life events of the Munich massacre and the Israeli government's response to it.

3. Who directed Munich?

Munich was directed by Steven Spielberg.

4. Who stars in Munich?

The main cast includes Eric Bana, Daniel Craig, and Geoffrey Rush.

5. Is Munich a violent movie?

Yes, Munich contains graphic violence and may not be suitable for all audiences.