1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Applied mathematics and physics major.

1. Sep 16, 2014 #1
    I'm currently a double major in applied mathematics and physics, but I'm not exactly sure what I will be doing after I graduate. I will graduate in about 2 more years give or take, and I just started my 4th year in college (I transferred into UT so things are taking longer but this was my dream). What are my options after I graduate with those two degrees? I chose these degrees because they are of high interest to me and I believe they can be applied to many different fields or careers. However, finding a job might seem difficult since many employees do not explicitly go looking for math and/or physics majors. In light of this, I've been considering going to grad school for engineering and I wanted to know if it was feasible to get into one with an applied mathematics and physics degree (preferably here at UT as well). Not to mention that I really like engineering; Tony Stark has always been a role model for me. Anyways, if that won't work out, I'll probably go to grad school for applied physics. Hopefully after getting a masters, I'd like to start a tech/energy company. So yeah I didn't really organize my thought very well but that is what I would like to do. However, if this proves to be difficult I'd like to know if I would be able to find a job somewhere after college.

P.s. Who can highlight and distinguish the fields in applied physics and engineering. I know what engineering is, what exactly do you do in applied physics?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook