I Are nuclear or chemical energy release thermodynamic processes?

• Thread starter fxdung
  • Start date
In process of releasing heat of nuclear reaction and burning oil, the internal energy of the material(that be burned) be contant if we prevent heat transfer to environment.The temperature of the material increase.How is entropy of the material varied(if we keep volume be constant)?If the entropy increase then we are leaded to wrong conclusion that temperature is zero(because temperature is equal derivative of internal energy respect to entropy)?Whether those processes are thermodynamics processes?

Last edited:
I think Thermodynamics based on postulate that: Exist a function of internal energy depend to volume and temperature.But here, nuclear and chemistry energy do not depend on both volume and temperature.So this process is not involved in Thermodynamics.Is that correct?

Last edited:
I search on web and see that nuclear and chemical energy are also internal energy,so please explain my question.

Entropy is the measure of the disorder of a system.There is a theorem saying that at temperature zero, then entropy is zero.But at temperature being zero, still having quantum disorder,so why entropy must be zero?

Last edited:

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I think you are getting confused about the definitions of energy and entropy. Read this PF Insights article, and see if that helps.

DrClaude

Mentor
The process you are describing is out of equilibrium. You cannot use equilibrium thermodynamics to study it.