Are paranormal phenomenon really untrue

• Thread starter Trollfaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Phenomenon
In summary, there is a lot of controversy surrounding the existence of paranormal phenomenon. While some articles on the internet support its existence, there is no scientifically-based evidence to prove it. Physicists, such as Brian Josephson, may believe in the paranormal, but their personal opinions do not necessarily make it true. In the end, the scientific community remains skeptical about paranormal claims and considers it fake. It is important to avoid promoting pseudoscience when discussing this topic.
Trollfaz
I myself, am a strong skeptic of paranormal claims. I have read from the Wikipedia that a lot experiments supporting paranormal phenomenon are untrue and that the paranormal does not meet acceptable scientific standards. However, there is a ton of articles on the internet supporting the existence of paranormal phenomenon and people have claimed that the wikipedia is biased against the paranormal. There are also physicists who have taken the paranormal seriously, such as Brian Josephson. So, is paranormal phenomenon really fake?
I am not intending to promote pseudoscience withthis thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
Trollfaz said:
I myself, am a strong skeptic of paranormal claims.
So are we.
I have read from the Wikipedia that a lot experiments supporting paranormal phenomenon are untrue and that the paranormal does not meet acceptable scientific standards.
Correct. No scientifically based study so far, like a double blind study, could prove anything in this sector.
However, there is a ton of articles on the internet supporting the existence of paranormal phenomenon and people have claimed that the wikipedia is biased against the paranormal.
You can find every imaginable opinion on the internet. This doesn't mean anything. Even flat earthers exist and so on and so on.
There are also physicists who have taken the paranormal seriously, such as Brian Josephson.
Also physicists are human. That does not mean, they are automatically right in their personal opinions.
So, is paranormal phenomenon really fake?
Yes.
I am not intending to promote pseudoscience withthis thread.
So this thread may as well be closed. We do not discuss pseudo science on PF.

Likes BillTre

1. What is the scientific explanation for paranormal phenomena?

There is no single scientific explanation for paranormal phenomena as they encompass a wide range of unexplained events. Some theories suggest that they may be a result of psychological factors, such as suggestion or perception, while others propose that they may be caused by natural phenomena such as electromagnetic fields or infrasound.

2. Can paranormal phenomena be scientifically proven?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence that definitively proves the existence of paranormal phenomena. While some studies have shown interesting results, they have not been able to be replicated consistently under controlled conditions, which is a crucial aspect of scientific proof.

3. Why do some people believe in paranormal phenomena while others do not?

Belief in paranormal phenomena is often influenced by cultural and personal experiences, as well as a person's willingness to accept the unknown. Additionally, some individuals may be more susceptible to suggestibility and confirmation bias, which can reinforce their belief in paranormal phenomena.

4. Are there any scientific studies or research on paranormal phenomena?

Yes, there have been numerous studies and research conducted on paranormal phenomena, particularly in the fields of psychology and parapsychology. However, the results are often inconclusive and further research is needed to fully understand these phenomena.

5. Can science ever fully explain paranormal phenomena?

It is possible that with further advancements in science and technology, we may be able to explain some paranormal phenomena. However, it is also possible that some aspects of these phenomena may always remain unexplained due to their unpredictable and subjective nature.