You're right, it is idiotic to argue a straw man that no one said. Good job.Immigration is an obvious issue; ignoring the decreasing rate of latin american immigration (and the increasing rate from elsewhere), the nationalistic idea that the US should be a closed-borders, "American"-only society is idiotic. This issue was hammered to death in another locked thread, so I'll leave immigration for now though I hope that it is apparent that nationalism acts only as a detriment.
Who are you talking to here, or are you talking out loud in general?This is leading nowhere. Your nationalists will carry you nowhere.Your ultra nationalists will make things worse.
How do we fix it? Remove the emphasis on nationalism. Stop calling the military valiant heroes. Take out the moral fluff when it is quite honestly not necessary. Improve the education system. Provide wide-ranging social benefit programs. Use the lowest-tier of society as a benchmark. Anger the hell out of the wealthiest citizens. Let the highest tier corporations leave should conditions suggest they should. Reform the country by rebuilding it. This time around, avoid nationalistic leaders that, whether for an ostensible or real reason, rouse the deep-seated nation-loving emotions too many people share.
(1) The people in the military are serving valiantly - I'm not sure if you're trying to imply otherwise.
(2) Educational funding - nothing wrong with that.
(3) Wide-Ranging social benifits programs? - Um...no. Not with my tax dollars.
(4) Anger the hell out of the wealthiest citizens? For what reason, and what is this going to accomplish. Sounds pretty stupid, and childish, to me.
(5) "Reform the country while rebuilding it" sounds like a nice talking point. Let's throw in "save the environment" and "no child left behind" while were at it.
.....andddd........you've just discredited yourself.Ah, and another important part: remove the Democracy for a temporary period of time, or else replace it with something more efficient.
Got it, comrade. Think your ideas through more before posting next time.Get the picture?