What is the Area of the Region Bounded by y = 3x^2-3, x = 0, x = 2, and y = 0?

In summary, the area of the region bounded by the curve y = 3x^2-3, the y-axis, x-axis, and the line x = 2 is equal to 9. It is not clear what the exact region looks like based on the given information.
disk256
The area of the region bounded by the curve y = 3x^2-3 , the y-axis, x-axis, and the line
x = 2 is equal to

so far i ve managed to draw the graph i m getting a value of 9

is that correct

Physics news on Phys.org
disk256 said:
The area of the region bounded by the curve y = 3x^2-3 , the y-axis, x-axis, and the line
x = 2 is equal to

so far i ve managed to draw the graph i m getting a value of 9

is that correct
Are you sure this is the exact wording of the problem? It's not clear to me what the region looks like.

Do you mean this region?

Attachments

• Region.gif
    Region.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 460

What is area bounded integration?

Area bounded integration, also known as definite integration or Riemann integration, is a mathematical technique used to find the area under a curve in a specific interval. It involves dividing the area into smaller and smaller rectangles and adding up their areas to get an approximation of the total area.

What is the difference between definite and indefinite integration?

Definite integration involves finding the exact value of the area under a curve in a specific interval, while indefinite integration involves finding the general antiderivative of a function. In other words, definite integration gives a numerical value, while indefinite integration gives a function that, when differentiated, gives the original function.

What is the fundamental theorem of calculus?

The fundamental theorem of calculus states that definite integration and indefinite integration are inverse operations. That is, if a function is integrated and then differentiated, the result will be the original function. This theorem forms the basis of area bounded integration.

What are some real-world applications of area bounded integration?

Area bounded integration has various applications in science and engineering, such as calculating the area under a velocity-time graph to find displacement, calculating the volume of irregular-shaped objects, and determining the amount of work done by a variable force. It is also used in economics to calculate consumer and producer surpluses.

What are the limitations of area bounded integration?

Some limitations of area bounded integration include the assumption that the function being integrated is continuous and that the interval of integration is finite. It also becomes increasingly complex to use for functions with multiple variables or in higher dimensions. Additionally, area bounded integration may not provide accurate results for certain irregular or undefined functions.