1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Areospace Development

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    Would anyone have any suggestions/coments as to what univeristies
    have a good Areospace/Areonautical engineering programs? I have an interesst in designing aircraft. Can anyone recomend any schools?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2
    The Air Force Academy and Naval Academy are good for aerospace engineering.

4. Jun 16, 2005 #3
    Would you still be interested in designing aircraft if that meant you'd be laid off on a regular basis throughout your career? I'd check into the supply & demand situation. Boeing lays people off so often that they lobbied the state to reduce unemployment benefits for those who worked less than 9 months (to reduce Boeing's unemployment insurance premiums). The employment of the AEs may be more steady than those of, say, machinists, and of course that's just one company. But I'd look before you leap.

5. Jun 16, 2005 #4
    Embry Riddle is a good school.

6. Jun 17, 2005 #5
    CalTech
    MIT
    Stanford (graduate school)
    Embry Riddle
    University of Texas (Austin)
    University of Colorado (Boulder)
    Purdue
    University of Kansas

To name a few....

7. Jun 21, 2005 #6
    Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, MA has a good program (I go to WPI for Aerospace Engineering). It has a fairly new Aerospace program, but the hands-on projects and unique course schedules make for great experience. A lot of AE majors more interested in the Aeronautics side of things end up working in companies like Pratt & Whitney.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?