ARRRH I'm gonna explode. This is my pet hate

• Thread starter uart
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pet
In summary, the video claims that compressed air can be used to create a perpetual motion machine. However, the technology is not new and does not have a wide range of applications. The main problem with this method is the inefficiency and the high costs associated with using compressed air.
uart
Science Advisor
Does anyone else get really mad when they see stupid videos making stupid claims like this one. Sorry I just had to have a rant about it. :grumpy:

See : http://www.flixxy.com/zero-pollution-automobile.htm

PS. Make sure you watch that last 30 seconds, it's got the real kicker.

Physics news on Phys.org
What a joke... So many people will eat this up too. Way to go Michiu Kaku... (I think that was his voice, right?)

denni89627 said:
What a joke... So many people will eat this up too. Way to go Michiu Kaku... (I think that was his voice, right?)
You're right on the point there denni. If people didn't "eat it up" as you say then I'd just think of it as a joke. But people are really taken in by stuff like this - confidently delivered yet absolute complete rubbish!

hard to believe they say things like that , like they think they can get free energy

A fool and his money are soon parted.
$15k ?- I ask yer.

uart...worthwhile ranting about...like IPCC claims...

"It's always easier to be a skeptic than to think in a positive way."
This is certainly one of the top 5 most retarded things I ever heard.

denni89627 said:

No, the voice at the end making the ridiculous perpetuum mobile claim is not Kaku. And I'm guessing Kaku is pretty displeased about having that statement in a show he has contributed to.

The beginning of the video is OK, it simply stores energy in the form of compressed air. Nothing new there. I think this method is too dangerous for widespread use (explosions during car accidents...).

Torquil

The problem with compressed air is, surely, the inefficiency due to heating the air when you're compressing it. All that energy is lost after a short while and the compressed gas cools down to ambient. I suppose you could heat your house with this heat if you charge up in the evenings. (Presupposes that you want to share your living room with a vehicle.)
Nice and quiet though. Ideal for early morning deliveries and for mowing down pedestrians who can't hear you.

sophiecentaur said:
Nice and quiet though. Ideal for early morning deliveries and for mowing down pedestrians who can't hear you.
And low pollution at the point of operation. I've seen pneumatic vehicles in niche applications like fork-lifts and motorized trolleys, primarily operating in confined or poorly ventilated areas where the fumes from internal combustion engines are objectionable. I think that even these applications will soon give way to electric vehicles, given their rapid improvement.

iv seen it on a news broadcast it looked like a toy and sounded like a toy (or a toy box getting shaken hard)but it does work,and if you look at how the first combustion engines looked compared to now,the main thing if isues with compressing enough air into smaller stronger storage tanks,could be over come (like into frame work),think of what goes into a car battery,what is lost in charging it and cost to replace it,1000 mad idears can trigger off 1 good idear,so i say keep them idears going keep thinking,then don't let the government know or he will tax you for it :)

What causes an explosive reaction?

An explosive reaction is caused by a rapid release of energy, typically in the form of heat, light, and sound. This is often due to a chemical reaction that produces a large amount of gas, causing a sudden increase in pressure and resulting in an explosion.

Why do some people have a strong reaction to certain things?

Some people may have a strong reaction to certain things due to allergies, sensitivities, or past negative experiences. These reactions can vary in intensity and may be triggered by specific stimuli or triggers.

What are some common triggers for explosive reactions?

Common triggers for explosive reactions include stress, frustration, anger, and feeling overwhelmed. These emotions can build up and lead to an explosive outburst if not properly managed.

How can you prevent explosive reactions?

Preventing explosive reactions involves identifying triggers and learning to manage emotions and reactions in a healthy way. This can include techniques such as deep breathing, mindfulness, and seeking support from a therapist or counselor.

When should you seek professional help for explosive reactions?

If explosive reactions are causing harm to yourself or others, it is important to seek professional help. A therapist or counselor can help you identify underlying issues and develop coping strategies to manage explosive reactions in a healthier way.