Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Asymptote - Winshell

1. May 1, 2007 #1
    I use Winshell for writing my tex files, I was wondering if there is any way to set it up to compile my files for asymptote as well.

I just started learning to use asymptote, and was trying to get it working so I could do it all in one editor. Any help would be great. Thanks
  2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2007 #2
    Ok, I added the asymptote package, so when I run latex on a file with the asy environment, I get the .asy file, (I may just be being an idiot here) but I can't seem to configure winshell to use asymptote to compile it into either an .eps, or .pdf file, nor can I seem to get asymptote to do it directly.

Edit: Ok, so I can make asymptote work on .asy files that I make myself, but can't seem to get it to work on the .asy files generated by the latex compiler...
    Last edited: May 1, 2007
  4. May 2, 2007 #3
    Got it figured, apparently it doesn't work if there are spaces in the filenames, anyone know why that is?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?