Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Asymptote - Winshell

1. May 1, 2007 #1
    I use Winshell for writing my tex files, I was wondering if there is any way to set it up to compile my files for asymptote as well.

I just started learning to use asymptote, and was trying to get it working so I could do it all in one editor. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2007 #2
    Ok, I added the asymptote package, so when I run latex on a file with the asy environment, I get the .asy file, (I may just be being an idiot here) but I can't seem to configure winshell to use asymptote to compile it into either an .eps, or .pdf file, nor can I seem to get asymptote to do it directly.

Anyone?

Edit: Ok, so I can make asymptote work on .asy files that I make myself, but can't seem to get it to work on the .asy files generated by the latex compiler...

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  4. May 2, 2007 #3
    Got it figured, apparently it doesn't work if there are spaces in the filenames, anyone know why that is?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook