Streamline Your Tex and Asymptote Writing with Winshell"

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Asymptote
In summary, the conversation is about using Winshell for writing tex files and trying to set it up to also compile asymptote files. The user has added the asymptote package but is having trouble configuring Winshell to compile the files into .eps or .pdf formats. They have also discovered that asymptote does not work on files with spaces in the filenames.
NeoDevin
I use Winshell for writing my tex files, I was wondering if there is any way to set it up to compile my files for asymptote as well.

I just started learning to use asymptote, and was trying to get it working so I could do it all in one editor. Any help would be great. Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ok, I added the asymptote package, so when I run latex on a file with the asy environment, I get the .asy file, (I may just be being an idiot here) but I can't seem to configure winshell to use asymptote to compile it into either an .eps, or .pdf file, nor can I seem to get asymptote to do it directly.

Anyone?

Edit: Ok, so I can make asymptote work on .asy files that I make myself, but can't seem to get it to work on the .asy files generated by the latex compiler...

Last edited:
Got it figured, apparently it doesn't work if there are spaces in the filenames, anyone know why that is?

What is Asymptote - Winshell?

Asymptote - Winshell is a scientific software that combines the Asymptote vector graphics language with the Winshell text editor, providing a user-friendly interface for creating high-quality mathematical diagrams and technical illustrations.

What is the difference between Asymptote - Winshell and other vector graphics software?

Asymptote - Winshell is specifically designed for creating mathematical and scientific diagrams, whereas other software may have a broader range of design features. Asymptote - Winshell also uses a programming language, making it more versatile and customizable for advanced users.

Can Asymptote - Winshell be used for 3D graphics?

Yes, Asymptote - Winshell has the ability to create 3D graphics using the 3D module. This allows for the creation of 3D objects and surfaces, as well as the ability to rotate and view them from different perspectives.

Is Asymptote - Winshell free to use?

Yes, Asymptote - Winshell is an open-source software and is available for free to download and use.

What operating systems is Asymptote - Winshell compatible with?

Asymptote - Winshell is compatible with Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, 8, and 10. It is not currently compatible with Mac or Linux systems.