Is Slow Heat-Up the Key to Breaking In Your New Device?

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary: Attention all bd conspirators!According to the report I just got, the great failure should reach the devstination tomorrow. Still no information about the main part of the deal, as if it was behind a smoke screen. Take cover before chips will start falling from the sky.I'm ready.What's a bd? Are you landing a big deal?What's a bd? Are you landing a big deal? Borek is Polish and his references are often to American films. This time, Biggus Dickus seems to fit.I'm ready for the fallout. Fish and chips! Yummy yum!fish

I'm glad something special was done for someone so deserving. I hope you feel as special as you are, Evo. :smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Chapeau Borek, you rock. :cool:

I am impressed. I have been flattened. Well deserved Evo, Happy Conspiracy!

Chi Meson said:
I am impressed. I have been flattened. Well deserved Evo, Happy Conspiracy!
Thank you Chi.

Happy Birthday Evo,

I just wish I was there to see that big grin on your face, and to give you a well deserved hug.

Rhody... big smile big smile...

rhody said:
Happy Birthday Evo,

I just wish I was there to see that big grin on your face, and to give you a well deserved hug.

Rhody... big smile big smile...
I'm definitely feeling the love. I just have no idea how I can possibly repay you all for your kindness and generosity. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I'm blown away.

Evo said:
I'm definitely feeling the love. I just have no idea how I can possibly repay you all for your kindness and generosity. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I'm blown away.

Gift giving is devoid of any concept related to repayment! The reason you see so many "well deserved" comments is because being yourself is enough; nothing more is required of you. :smile:

Dembadon said:
Gift giving is devoid of any concept related to repayment! The reason you see so many "well deserved" comments is because being yourself is enough; nothing more is required of you. :smile:
:cry: I never realized so many cared about me.

I cannot tell you guys how much this means to me. I've had to give up so many things I love due to health problems, I've been really down.

Cooking has always been a passion of mine and I LOVE smoked foods. I only buy a smoked turkey (one of my favorites) once a year because a regular turkey costs 99 cents per pound and a smoked turkey is $3.79 per pound.

Now I can smoke cheap cuts of meat for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo said:
Cooking has always been a passion of mine and I LOVE smoked foods.

I'm going to have resubscribe to The Food Thread to keep up. I <3 smoked foods too.

Happy be-earlified* Birthday Evo!

*I had to look that up. The best antonym of belated, IMHO. :blushing:

OmCheeto said:
I'm going to have resubscribe to The Food Thread to keep up. I <3 smoked foods too.

Happy be-earlified* Birthday Evo!

*I had to look that up. The best antonym of belated, IMHO. :blushing:
:!)

Thanks Om!

Evo said:
Now I can smoke cheap cuts of meat for nothing.

Well you could try eating them!

Geez, I think you are missing the point here.

Ivan Seeking said:
Well you could try eating them!

Geez, I think you are missing the point here.
:rofl:

I wasn't privy to the conspiracy but this was still fun to watch. Happy Birthday Evo. You definitely deserve it. :smile:

Last edited:

This reminds me of the minister's son who can be good for nothing.

Evo said:
Cooking has always been a passion of mine and I LOVE smoked foods. I only buy a smoked turkey (one of my favorites) once a year because a regular turkey costs 99 cents per pound and a smoked turkey is $3.79 per pound.
You deserve this group present Evo, and you'll have fun with it.

I love smoking turkeys! I give them a good heavy smoke with hickory chips. By the time they are done, smoke has combined with the fats in and under the skin and turned the meat near the surface a rich reddish color. The color can fool you, so use a meat thermometer to be safe, and to avoid over-cooking, too.

I can use my little charcoal-fired Brinkman kettle smoker for wet-smoking or use the Locomotive (fired with wood or charcoal) for dry-smoking. Both ways are great, and are a tremendous step up from plain roasted turkey. BTW, don't bother brining your turkey if you're going to smoke it. Brining can work wonders with roasted turkeys, but it is of little use with smoked birds, IMO. You don't need the spices or salt - the smoke makes them stand out. Play with the wood, too. For mild-flavored meats such as poultry or salmon, I always get chunks (not chips) of hickory and soak the hell out of them (at least overnight).

I have experimented with apple and alder (both too sweet, IMO) and mesquite (too overpowering for fish and fowl) and have fine-tuned the hickory. Never any complaints from BBQ guests. I could wander back to mesquite and give it a try in the case of pork loin... Anyway, have fun. The Food Thread should be interesting.

Evo Child can't wait to come over and smoke stuff.

Did I mention that we LOVE smoked food?

All of you are awesome! Thank you again!

Smoking stuff can't be recommended. But's a good way gather the clan around you.

Still listed as "shipping soon" :grumpy:

Evo said:
Evo Child can't wait to come over and smoke stuff.
May you will see more of her. And - she may not borrow it or otherwise move it from the premises. :biggrin:

Did I mention that we LOVE smoked food?
Did we mention that we love you?

All of you are awesome! Thank you again!
You are awesome, too! :approve:

We're glad you like it. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Borek said:
Still listed as "shipping soon" :grumpy:

We should have a grumpy face with a blue hair. Not every time we see a grumpy Borek. :biggrin:

grumpy_borek.png

Happy?

Borek said:
grumpy_borek.png

Happy?
:rofl: Love it!

Borek said:
grumpy_borek.png

Happy?
I'm grumpy too, Borek. Why can't these things come together?

Ok, here are the aquarium fish... here is the water... here is tank and pump... here are the chemicals you need to protect your fish. Hey! You got everything this week, just like we promised in our ad.

HAHAHAAAA:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOVE IT!

Borek said:
grumpy_borek.png

Happy?

That was my second choice for the "bd" thing: Blue Dome

Chrome Dome is an American term for someone with a bald head. Ergo, Blue Dome would be someone who looks like Borek. All hail captain Blue Dome! :smile:

Shipped!

Albuquerque.

Chi Meson said:
Will Incontinentia be there?

em...with chips...?

and ... fish ... ... fingers?

lost<==me
fish-and-chips.jpg

Sorted?

Borek said:
Albuquerque.

I hope it doesn't take a wrong turn.

It was shipped from Phoenix, so so far it goes in the right direction.

Timing looks good!

Rollin, rollin, rollin, keep that smoker rollin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE

Last edited by a moderator:

We have both kinds of music here. Country and Western!

Good vittles, love, and kissin'... That pretty much sums it up.

To keep you posted: left Albuquerque.