Automatic peanut butter and jelly maker?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Automatic
In summary: Reese's peanut butter cups.I am so lazy that I would want a machine to make my PB & J sandwiches. However, that makes me too lazy to write you an investment check as well. Send me a free check writing machine and if I get ambitious enough I'll think about working up the effort to hit the on button.IIn summary, Pengwuino thinks that it is probably a bad idea to build an automatic peanut butter and jelly sandwich maker because it sounds crazy and people have lost all respect for him. He also does not have any respect for people who are lazy and would want such a machine. He also doubts the feasibility of the machine and thinks that people would not be willing to pay for it. He does
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I think I want to build an automatic peanut butter and jelly sandwhich maker. Sounds crazy? Probably. Have you lost all respect for me? I bet. Did you ever have any respect for me? Dream on.

I figure it can't be that hard! It's such a simple process in the first place... so how hard would it be to mechanize it? And yes, I am THAT lazy.

Physics news on Phys.org
can i help you design it? I've got some ideas like a thin piece of U shaped metal with a slit in it the width of the bread which is then passed over the bread to put the jelly on uniformly. i bet that Ronco company would buy it rofl

Kakarot said:
can i help you design it? I've got some ideas like a thin piece of U shaped metal with a slit in it the width of the bread which is then passed over the bread to put the jelly on uniformly. i bet that Ronco company would buy it rofl

I wonder how much you could sell one for. I think teh american public is sick and tired of doing the most basic things in life... I am sure they'll cough up the money

Its simple, eat the bread raw, get a spoon and scarf down the Peanut butter and the jelly. It will mix in your stomach, problem solved.

*stuffs Uncrustables into Pengwuino's computer*
http://www.smuckers.com/fg/otg/uncrustables/images/home2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my doubts about those things. Plus look at them! There in a stupid little igloo

Pengwuino said:
I have my doubts about those things. Plus look at them! There in a stupid little igloo
They actually taste better than they look. Plus, they're fortified with preservatives, which as everyone knows, will make you live longer.:biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
They actually taste better than they look. Plus, they're fortified with preservatives, which as everyone knows, will make you live longer.:biggrin:

Of course! Why else would they be called PRESERVEatives :) MIH, you're so smart :!) :!) :!)

they still have a crust though! if i was a kid, i'd be peeling that crinkly part off. no one likes the crust cause its that little bit harder and tastes kinda funny and there's never any good stuff where the crust is. why am i going to eat that crinkled edge? its yucky.

How much would you guys pay for such an ingenious invention? Don't just think of it as a peanut butter and jelly maker, think of it as a peacemaker.

fitty cent, wah wah, I'm GANGSTAH!

Two words on your quest...Goober Grape.

Pengwuino said:
And yes, I am THAT lazy.
I am also so lazy that I would want a machine to make my PB & J sandwiches. However, that makes me too lazy to write you an investment check as well. Send me a free check writing machine and if I get ambitious enough I'll think about working up the effort to hit the on button.

Pengwuino said:
I think I want to build an automatic peanut butter and jelly sandwhich maker.

I've never heard of automatic peanut butter.

I used to have a PB&J maker...but one day, mom started telling me to make my own sandwiches. :frown: *bah dum bum cymbal*

Pengwuino, you're never going to make it in marketing. You've missed the real cash cow here...the PB&J machine is a decent enough idea, but it would have to be something that sells in the range of $12.99 to $19.99 (maybe the regular price is $19.99, but the QVC price is $12.99), and that's not going to make you rich any time soon. But, the real money is in making the special peanut butter and jelly that people will have to buy to put in the PB&J maker. You'll have to sell a special, extra creamy peanut butter (it doesn't smoosh the bread when it's spread!), and jelly in a unique container that is the only thing that will fit your PB&J maker, and then you charge $5 for every 12 oz refill. See, now this doesn't seem excessively expensive to people yet, but then after they're hooked on it and don't know how they ever lived without a machine to make their PB&J for them, you make the refills only 10.9 oz (after a brief period when you sell a bonus size so people don't remember what the old size was), for the same price, and then when people get used to that, you advertise, "NEW" packaging, now with 10% more product, and sell the 12 oz again, but now for $7. And that's how you make your money after they're hooked on the product. :devil:

Ivan Seeking said:
I've never heard of automatic peanut butter.

Its peanut butter that you don't even have to eat. It jumps in you rmouth and forces its way down your throat. Its part of this new line of "extreme food"

Moonbear said:
I used to have a PB&J maker...but one day, mom started telling me to make my own sandwiches. :frown: *bah dum bum cymbal*

Pengwuino, you're never going to make it in marketing. You've missed the real cash cow here...the PB&J machine is a decent enough idea, but it would have to be something that sells in the range of $12.99 to $19.99 (maybe the regular price is $19.99, but the QVC price is $12.99), and that's not going to make you rich any time soon. But, the real money is in making the special peanut butter and jelly that people will have to buy to put in the PB&J maker. You'll have to sell a special, extra creamy peanut butter (it doesn't smoosh the bread when it's spread!), and jelly in a unique container that is the only thing that will fit your PB&J maker, and then you charge $5 for every 12 oz refill. See, now this doesn't seem excessively expensive to people yet, but then after they're hooked on it and don't know how they ever lived without a machine to make their PB&J for them, you make the refills only 10.9 oz (after a brief period when you sell a bonus size so people don't remember what the old size was), for the same price, and then when people get used to that, you advertise, "NEW" packaging, now with 10% more product, and sell the 12 oz again, but now for $7. And that's how you make your money after they're hooked on the product. :devil:
OMG, you're EVIL! :biggrin:

Evo said:

Evil Genius :!) :!) :!) :!) :!)

I could have never thought of such a diabolic marketing scheme on my own!

Evo said:
That's exactly how it works. The place where I used to work got a coffee machine that made one cup at a time, using little plastic containers of prepackaged coffee-flavored crap (mixtures of some grounds, some instant, and lots of flavorings). The coffee-like liquid was barely drinkable to me (I have an espresso machine that makes my morning brew) but some of the employees got hooked on the convenience and the variety of flavors ("Ooh, I want the mocha-almond-frou-frou this time!") and now the company is stuck. There would be a riot if they took that machine and the "free" coffee away. That prepackaged "faux coffee" probably costs them at least 3-4x as much as the real stuff. That's marketing. Don't deliver quality, just shoot for the lowest common denominator, keep your costs under control, trap your market with consumables that only you can supply, and reel 'em in.

Moonbear said:

Are you poking fun at inkjet printer manufacturers?

Should I take this personally?

Integral said:
Are you poking fun at inkjet printer manufacturers?
Should I take this personally?
:rofl: Nah, no reason to take it personally...I don't think inkjet printer manufacturers are the only ones who thought up that sort of marketing strategy. :rofl:

Pengwuino said:
I think I want to build an automatic peanut butter and jelly sandwhich maker. Sounds crazy? Probably. Have you lost all respect for me? I bet. Did you ever have any respect for me? Dream on.
I figure it can't be that hard! It's such a simple process in the first place... so how hard would it be to mechanize it? And yes, I am THAT lazy.
If you're intent on inventing it then you should patent it before you post it.

If you want to be paranoid...

Math Is Hard said:
http://www.smuckers.com/fg/otg/uncrustables/images/home2.gif
If[/URL] you can find bread, PB and jelly separately outside of the frozen food section, why does PB&J sandwich have to be frozen?

I think here is another multi-million dollar product waiting to be invented.

Except, don't they have prepacked school lunches containing one PB&J sandwich? Those aren't frozen, are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet its something to do with jelly sitting on bread for periods of time. Ill make a sandwhich and just let it sit in the open and see what happens after a few days.

EnumaElish said:
If you're intent on inventing it then you should patent it before you post it.
Only if he discloses the details of the invention, and then he still has one year to patent it in the U.S. (I don't know anything about patent laws in other countries.)

EnumaElish said:
If you can find bread, PB and jelly separately outside of the frozen food section, why does PB&J sandwich have to be frozen?
Except, don't they have prepacked school lunches containing one PB&J sandwich? Those aren't frozen, are they?
Longevity. The bread will get moldy quickly if not frozen, so freezing it means it has a longer shelf life. The jelly will also grow stuff once open. And, yeah, there's also the sogginess factor. Freezing should keep the jelly from seeping through the bread and making the whole thing soggy. But, yeah, I think if people are really so lazy that they are willing to buy a pre-made PB&J sandwich, they'll also be willing to buy a machine that makes the sandwich fresh for them at the press of a button. It surprised me that Smuckers was able to actually sell the world's easiest sandwich to make yourself...maybe it shouldn't have given how lazy people have gotten.

EnumaElish said:
If you can find bread, PB and jelly separately outside of the frozen food section, why does PB&J sandwich have to be frozen?
Those uncrustable things are actually pretty good. I like the grape and the strawberry ones. Mmmm. I haven't had one for over a year, I think I'll get some today.

Moonbear said:
But, yeah, I think if people are really so lazy that they are willing to buy a pre-made PB&J sandwich, they'll also be willing to buy a machine that makes the sandwich fresh for them at the press of a button. It surprised me that Smuckers was able to actually sell the world's easiest sandwich to make yourself...maybe it shouldn't have given how lazy people have gotten.

Is this some sort of insult to the OP?:tongue2:

1. What is an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker?

An automatic peanut butter and jelly maker is a kitchen appliance that is designed to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches automatically. It typically consists of a machine with different compartments for bread, peanut butter, and jelly, and a mechanism that assembles the sandwich and dispenses it for consumption.

2. How does an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker work?

The exact mechanism may vary depending on the specific product, but generally, the machine has a series of buttons that allow you to select the type of bread, amount of peanut butter and jelly, and any additional toppings. Once the settings are chosen, the machine will automatically assemble the sandwich and dispense it for you to enjoy.

3. Is an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker easy to use?

Yes, an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. Most models come with detailed instructions and are simple enough for anyone to operate. Some machines even have child-friendly features, making it easier for kids to make their own sandwiches.

4. Can an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker make other types of sandwiches?

Some automatic peanut butter and jelly makers have the ability to make other types of sandwiches, such as grilled cheese or ham and cheese sandwiches. However, the primary function of these machines is to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so it may not be as efficient for making other types of sandwiches.

5. How do I clean an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker?

Cleaning an automatic peanut butter and jelly maker is similar to cleaning any other kitchen appliance. Most models have removable parts that can be washed in the sink or dishwasher. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintenance to ensure the longevity of the machine.