Average transverse momentum as a function of the longitudinal momentum

In summary, the speaker is looking for references, papers, books, or other resources related to the dependence of average transverse momentum on longitudinal momentum in a particle. The speaker's professor has provided some information but it is illegible. They are specifically interested in the topic in relation to hadrons in pp, pA, or AA collisions and suggest looking into rapidity distributions for more information.
Aleolomorfo
TL;DR Summary
Dip in the distribution of the average transverse momentum as a function of the longitudinal momentum
Hello everybody!

I am working on a code in which I need to study the dependence of ##<p_T>## vs ##p_L## (the average transverse momentum and the longitudinal momentum of a particle). I am looking for references, papers, books, etc. concerning this topic, but I have not been so lucky. My professor has given us some information, but the resolution of the pdf is extremely poor (illegible!)
Can you give me some help, please?

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you talking about hadrons in pp, pA or AA collisions? Then have a look for "rapidity distributions". There is for sure tons of material online. It would be better, you'd tell us some details about what you are after!

1. What is average transverse momentum?

Average transverse momentum is a measure of the average amount of momentum carried by particles in a system in the transverse direction, perpendicular to the direction of motion.

2. How is average transverse momentum calculated?

Average transverse momentum is calculated by taking the sum of the transverse momenta of all particles in a system and dividing it by the total number of particles.

3. What is the significance of studying average transverse momentum as a function of longitudinal momentum?

Studying average transverse momentum as a function of longitudinal momentum can provide insights into the dynamics of particle interactions and the underlying forces at play. It can also help in understanding the properties of the particles and their behavior in different energy regimes.

4. What factors can affect the average transverse momentum as a function of longitudinal momentum?

The average transverse momentum as a function of longitudinal momentum can be affected by various factors such as the type of particles present, the energy of the particles, and the environment in which the particles are interacting.

5. How is average transverse momentum as a function of longitudinal momentum used in experimental studies?

In experimental studies, average transverse momentum as a function of longitudinal momentum is often used to compare theoretical predictions with actual data. It can also be used to identify patterns and trends in particle behavior and to test the validity of different theoretical models.