Back to school, and new to forum

In summary, Cameron is a Florida resident who graduated from high school in 2008 and is now planning to attend college in the fall semester. His ultimate goal is to work in the commercial space industry and he is currently researching which major and school would best suit his goals. He is considering majors such as aerospace engineering and is seeking knowledge about Florida schools and what to look for in his research. He is excited to join this community and use its resources to excel in his education.
Cfrisch
Hey, I'm Cameron and I live in Florida. I graduated from HS in 2008. After a few years of "exploring" my options, I'll be attending college this fall semester. My ultimate goal would be to get involved in anything to do with commercial space programs. Right now I'm pondering which major and school will best suit my goals. Also I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Florida schools that might best suit my goals, or what to look for while I research them. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community here and no doubt with these vast resources excelling in my education. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello Cameron,

It's great to hear that you have a passion for the commercial space industry and are considering pursuing a career in this field. There are definitely a few things to consider when choosing a major and school that will best suit your goals.

Firstly, I would recommend looking into majors such as aerospace engineering, astrophysics, or space studies. These majors will provide you with a strong foundation in the technical and scientific aspects of space programs. Additionally, you may want to consider minors or electives in business or management, as these skills are also important in the commercial space industry.

As for schools in Florida, there are several options that may be a good fit for you. The University of Central Florida has a strong aerospace engineering program and is located near the Kennedy Space Center. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University also has a renowned aerospace program and is located in Daytona Beach. Both of these schools have connections to the space industry and offer opportunities for internships and networking.

When researching schools, it's important to look into the specific courses and opportunities they offer in relation to your goals. Some key things to consider are the availability of research opportunities, access to industry professionals, and the school's partnerships with space companies.

I'm glad you're taking the time to research and find the best fit for your goals. With dedication and hard work, I have no doubt that you will excel in your education and achieve your ultimate goal of working in the commercial space industry. Best of luck to you!

Related to Back to school, and new to forum

1. What is the purpose of going back to school?

The purpose of going back to school is to continue learning and gaining new knowledge and skills in a structured and formal setting. It can also provide opportunities for personal growth and career advancement.

2. What should I expect as a new student in a forum?

As a new student in a forum, you can expect to interact with other students and the instructor through discussions, debates, and sharing of ideas. It is also a platform to ask questions and seek clarification on course materials.

3. How can I make the most out of my back-to-school experience?

To make the most out of your back-to-school experience, it is important to stay organized, manage your time effectively, actively participate in class, seek help when needed, and stay motivated and focused on your goals.

4. What are the benefits of being a part of a forum?

Being a part of a forum allows for collaboration and networking with other students and professionals, gaining diverse perspectives and insights, and building communication and critical thinking skills.

5. How can I prepare for my first day of school?

To prepare for your first day of school, make sure to familiarize yourself with the course syllabus, gather all necessary materials, and set realistic goals for the semester. It is also helpful to have a positive attitude and be open to new experiences and challenges.