1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Basic laplace Question

1. Feb 7, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I'm stuck on finding the inverse of this circuit. Can anyone please check my work, In this circuit you are suppose to find v(t) when switch moves to point 2 ( meaning deattached from battery).

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    http://postimage.org/image/z9acdes87/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2013 #2

lurflurf

Homework Helper

The inverse of 1/s is the unit step.

4. Feb 7, 2013 #3
    That answer doesn't explain anything about the circuit, So I did it wrong, can you please check my work

5. Feb 8, 2013 #4

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It would help if you tell us what you mean by the "inverse of a circuit"! In your attachment, you seem to be trying to find the inverse of the Laplace transform and lurflurf told you exactly how to do that.

As for "checking your work", you are fine up until finding the inverse of the Laplace transform [24C/(RC+2)] (1/s). That has a lot to do with finding the current, i. I don't know what you mean by "has to do with the circuit". What more are you trying to find?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook