Bernoulli's Principle with a Venturi Tube, find flow rate

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
heatherro92
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
1zlxbi0.png


So that's the question and I'm stuck on Part b. I don't even know how to approach it. I know A1= 3A2 but I don't know A1 and I need V2 and I don't know V1 or A2. I'm just confused as to how to do this. Please help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you aware of Bernoulli's equation? You mention Bernoulli in the title but don't quote the equation.
 
I understand the equation ρgy1+ (1/2)v1^2 + P1 =ρgy2+ (1/2)v2^2 + P2 but I do not understand how to apply it to this
 
heatherro92 said:
I understand the equation ρgy1+ (1/2)v1^2 + P1 =ρgy2+ (1/2)v2^2 + P2 but I do not understand how to apply it to this
You need one more equation, based on the fact that mass flow within all parts of the venturi tube is constant.