Best Books on Non commutative algebra.......

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of studying quantum physics at a deep level and the necessary mathematical tools needed for this task. The speaker, a mathematics teacher, seeks advice on how to approach their studies and recommends a book on linear algebra. They also mention their passion for the beauty of nature and mathematics and express interest in learning about complex vector spaces and linear operators. The conversation also touches on the importance of topology and functional analysis in understanding quantum theory. The speaker also mentions the possibility of elaborating further and recommends a book on noncommutative algebra.
gianeshwar
Dear friends!
I am interested to study quantum physics at deep level.For that I think I should be well versed with many mathematical tools.Though I have some knowledge of algebra up to Galois Theory and some more related topics of commutative algebra.
I am a mathematics teacher(more a student rather).
From my information I think I need to study non commutative algebra as well.Please tell if I am thinking right or not.Suggest better steps if any. Also suggest some very good books.
I am passionate about beauty of nature and mathematics describing it.

Physics news on Phys.org
You will need a solid understanding of complex vector spaces, and linear operators on complex vector spaces. "Linear algebra done wrong" by Sergei Treil will tell you what you need to know about finite-dimensional vector spaces and linear operators on them.

For quantum mechanics, I recommend that you study selected parts of any of the standard introductory texts (I don't know which one is best) and supplement it with "Lectures on quantum theory: Mathematical and structural foundations" by Isham. It's a fairly easy book that focuses on what the theory says, rather than on how to calculate stuff.

If you really want to dig deep into the mathematical aspects of quantum theory, you will need to study topology and functional analysis. Functional analysis is the mathematics of infinite-dimensional vector spaces. You need topology mainly to understand books on functional analysis.

I don't have time to elaborate any further right now, but I might add a few more comments and recommendations later.

Likes gianeshwar and micromass
Thank you very much friends!
Soon I will reply.

1. What is non commutative algebra?

Non commutative algebra is a branch of mathematics that studies structures such as rings and algebras where the multiplication operation does not follow the commutative property. In other words, the order of multiplication matters.

2. What are some applications of non commutative algebra?

Non commutative algebra has various applications in fields such as physics, computer science, and engineering. It is used to study quantum mechanics, cryptography, and coding theory, among others.

3. What are the best books to learn about non commutative algebra?

Some of the highly recommended books on non commutative algebra include "Noncommutative Algebra" by Benson Farb and R. Keith Dennis, "Introduction to Noncommutative Algebra" by Matej Bresar, and "Noncommutative Noetherian Rings" by Michiel Hazewinkel.

4. Is prior knowledge of abstract algebra necessary to understand non commutative algebra?

Prior knowledge of abstract algebra is highly recommended before diving into non commutative algebra. A good understanding of algebraic structures, such as groups, rings, and fields, is essential for comprehending the concepts of non commutative algebra.

5. Are there any online resources available to learn about non commutative algebra?

Yes, there are several online resources available for learning about non commutative algebra. Some popular ones include lectures and tutorials on YouTube, online courses on platforms like Coursera and edX, and various websites and blogs dedicated to mathematics education.