Who were the famous celebrities that passed away in 2009?

• Thread starter protonchain
  • Start date
In summary, Pitchmen was becoming one of my favorite shows. However, it is sad to hear that Billy Mays has died. He was an obnoxious man, but his nuts are apparently good. Vince Shlomi has a thread here already.
protonchain
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_billy_mays [Broken]

:cry:

Pitchmen was becoming one of my favorite shows.

RIP BM. I'm sure he's selling harps and angel wings up in the big blue for $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
We're losing too many people. Someone, start making backup copies.

Mays liked to tell the story of giving bottles of OxiClean to the 300 guests at his wedding, and doing his ad spiel ("powered by the air we breathe!") on the dance floor at the reception.

Sounds like a good natured guy!

Cyrus! Our day has come! Praise the lord.

I know it sounds mean, and I do send my condolences to his family but god that man was the most obnoxious person I've ever heard.

Amen binzing!

hypatia said:
Amen binzing!
He was a believer in the "louder = truer" method of selling, and he was "mute-button" bait, for sure.

binzing said:
Cyrus! Our day has come! Praise the lord.

I know it sounds mean, and I do send my condolences to his family but god that man was the most obnoxious person I've ever heard.

Wasn't I just commenting last week or so that I wished they'd get rid of that show on Discovery Channel? I didn't mean he had to die, though, just wanted him off the air. :frown:

My God! They're all dying! I'd be scared off my *** right now if I was anyone who could be considered a celebrity.

So much for bad luck only happening in threes. :uhh:

Check, and check.

Well that's 2 down...1 million more to go.

Please let Ryan Seacrest come next.

I also think it's time we recycle some of the popular faces in cinema...I don't like seeing the same 10 people star in every American movie

hypatia said:
Amen binzing!
This will open the door for my man Vince.

Moonbear said:
So much for bad luck only happening in threes. :uhh:
Isn't that because one starts counting over after three?

dlgoff said:
This will open the door for my man Vince.

The slap chop guy? He's just as annoying! However, he is quieter.

G01 said:
The slap chop guy? He's just as annoying! However, he is quieter.

Oh god he's WAY MORE ANNOYING. He's so condescending, that's the annoying part. "You got to be a fool not to buy this". Whatever. Shut up.

G01 said:
However, he is quieter.
And his nuts are good. :bugeye:

dlgoff said:

:rofl: I fell asleep with the TV on the other night, and woke up to that. :yuck: I need to start using the sleep timer!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I fell asleep with the TV on the other night, and woke up to that. :yuck: I need to start using the sleep timer!

You woke up to discover that Billy Mayes' nuts are good? Perhaps they were a bit premature in assuming natural causes...

dlgoff said:

"You're going to looove my nuts".:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

junglebeast said:
You woke up to discover that Billy Mayes' nuts are good? Perhaps they were a bit premature in assuming natural causes...

Not Billy Mays...it's one of Vince's commercials.

junglebeast said:
Check, and check.

Well that's 2 down...1 million more to go.

David Carradine
Ed McMahon
Farrah
MJ
Billy Mays...

one to go for two sets of three. :biggrin:

Somehow I don't think Billy Mays belongs in that group, but then McMahon was a pitchman as well.

This morning the wife and I were upstairs watching TV, just as a comerical for Pitchman (with BM) came on our daughter yelled from the living room with the news of BMs death. What a shock.

Oh my god, I completely forgot Carradine died! Has anything new come about with what happened there? Celebrities are dropping like flies!

B. Elliott said:
"You're going to looove my nuts".:rofl:

Dear lord...I don't know who this guy is, but I just LOVE his nuts!

Seriously this is like Fresh Prince of the kitchen...I was jamming to the whole thing

junglebeast said:
Dear lord...I don't know who this guy is, but I just LOVE his nuts!

Seriously this is like Fresh Prince of the kitchen...I was jamming to the whole thing

Vince Shlomi has a thread here already.

For further reading on his exploits:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=303155

My SYMPATHIES TO HIS FAMILY!

B. Elliott said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh my god that is the funniest thing ever!

I'll be honest, I haven't stopped listening to this song since I found it on this thread...

Pengwuino said:
I'll be honest, I haven't stopped listening to this song since I found it on this thread...

You were listening to that for three hours??

Of course it was 108 degrees in Fresno today, so I can imagine that you Pengwuins are under a great deal of stress.

Ivan Seeking said:

Of course it was 108 degrees in Fresno today, so I can imagine that you Pengwuins are under a great deal of stress.

... maybe :rofl: :rofl: ITS SO FUNNY! and yah it was hot as hell. I should migrate back to Antarctica.

Ivan Seeking said:

:rofl: With those temperatures, even I'd want to spend my day lounging on a block of ice.

Ivan Seeking said:
David Carradine
Ed McMahon
Farrah
MJ
Billy Mays...

one to go for two sets of three. :biggrin:

Karl Malden

Last edited:

1. Who were the most famous celebrities that passed away in 2009?

The most famous celebrities that passed away in 2009 include Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Brittany Murphy, and Natasha Richardson.

2. How many celebrities died in 2009?

There is no definitive number, as it depends on one's definition of "celebrity." However, there were several high-profile celebrity deaths in 2009, including those mentioned above.

3. What were the causes of death for these celebrities?

The causes of death varied among the celebrities who passed away in 2009. Michael Jackson and Brittany Murphy both died from drug overdoses, while Patrick Swayze and Farrah Fawcett lost their battles with cancer. Natasha Richardson died from a head injury sustained in a skiing accident.

4. Were there any other notable celebrity deaths in 2009?

Yes, there were several other notable celebrity deaths in 2009, including Ed McMahon, Walter Cronkite, and John Hughes.

5. How did the deaths of these celebrities impact popular culture?

The deaths of these celebrities had a significant impact on popular culture, with many tributes and memorials being held in their honor. The deaths of Michael Jackson and Patrick Swayze, in particular, sparked a resurgence in interest in their music and films, respectively.