Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Binary converter (supports IEEE754)

1. Jul 30, 2009 #1
    Here is a good tool for checking your solution when converting a number from decimal to binary or from binary to decimal.

It supports integer numbers (8, 16 and 32 bits) for both unsigned and signed numbers.

It also includes a converter for single precision and double precision numbers according to the IEEE754 standard. I wish I had this tool when I was in school as we had to use C code and read the memory location of the floating-point variable to check if our manual conversion was right or wrong.

This is the address: http://www.binaryconvert.com" [Broken]

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2009 #2

harborsparrow

Gold Member

hate to be a party pooper...but on Windows, calc.exe will do that

4. Aug 20, 2009 #3
    Well I don't know what version of Windows you have. I have WinXP and calc.exe only performs binary conversion for integer numbers (char, short, int)... NOT for single and double precision IEEE 754 numbers. That's why I think this website provides more features than the traditionnal Windows calc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook